• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce Titan rumours.

Nice card, Not as powerful as 690 on air even Hilbert (Guru3d) couldnt get his one to go up to 1200mhz on the core.

My 690 does 1215mhz on the cores fully stable and it isnt the best tbh its above average.

Remember not everyone will be able to achieve 1176mhz with there Titan card.

Like i said the other day once you put a custom block on the Titan it will surpass the 690 even if the 690 is watercooled because of the unlocked voltage especially with KGB modded bios which im sure will support Titan soon enough,

It just shows how much Nvidia have progressed in the last 12 months since the 690 was released.

Imagine how powerful Maxwell is going to be!

Edit.....Like i said before days ago,you can forget about getting an EVGA one for a good while!!

Last edited:
I was thinking that too, might get one in favour of my current system and 690.

The TITAN is a definite no for me since I've seen the official benchmarks, I know I'd regret buying it if I did. However the 7990 on the new AMD drivers must be a monster. Payday soon :D decisions, decisions.

This is not good:

http://translate.googleusercontent....s.html&usg=ALkJrhhi5pY-c6w8e6ap63Aw6IryW5hrxw

Temperature can affect actual performance!!

Most review benches are open air and in air conditioned offices.

Hence they are cooler than most actual systems.

Now think of your case,especially after a few months of dust build-up?

Also,high end SFF PC systems are being sold with Geforce Titan in them.

What about during summer then??

Like i said the other day once you put a custom block on the Titan it will surpass the 690 even of the 690 is watercooled because of the unlocked voltage!

It appears voltage unlocking is not what we expected and the card is still limited within it's TDP, at most 106%.....

Early indications from some reviews point to the fact the voltage unlocking merely allows you to go up a couple of bins for a very little gain in actual net clock speed.

Air or water or LN2....I still think the upper clocks will be voltage limited by TDP.

This is not good:

http://translate.googleusercontent....s.html&usg=ALkJrhhi5pY-c6w8e6ap63Aw6IryW5hrxw

It can impact the "boost" performance yes, but to be fair anyone ready to buy one of these or has likely has more than enough case cooling or will throw a waterblock on one.

This is not good:

Turn the fan speed up? this is nothing new, it's how the boost tech works, heat is the performance killer.

It appears voltage unlocking is not what we expected and the card is still limited within it's TDP, at most 106%.....

Early indications from some reviews point to the fact the voltage unlocking merely allows you to go up a couple of bins for a very little gain in actual net clock speed.

Air or water or LN2....I still think the upper clocks will be voltage limited by TDP.

Look at the link I posted before.

Here are 2 examples with Anno 2070 and Battlefield 3 with a rapid test, test temperature stabilized and the same test but with the latter two 120mm fans positioned around the map:

Anno 2070: 75 fps -> 63 fps -> 68 fps
Battlefield 3: 115 fps -> 107 fps -> 114 fps

So,you need to keep Geforce Titan cool.

After reading a few Titan reviews it seems like an awesome card, if I didn't have my current setup I'd definitely go for one.

This is gregster waiting for shops to start listing them.

tumblr_ma49p5WiRC1qjjynio1_500.gif

I think once the modded bios like KGB supports this card it will fly.
The potential is already there, just needs tweaking.
690 is still king though at a cheaper price also.

Back
Top Bottom