• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce Titan rumours.

Soldato

Well it's no wonder you're getting less than idle SLI scaling. That resolution can be handled by one 680 (most games) so the extra 680 is going to result in underutilization perhaps even negative scaling in some games.

For new games without a mature SLI profile or if you don't know how to set it up using nVidia inspector then you'd perhaps get better performance using just one card.

Associate
Well it's no wonder you're getting less than idle SLI scaling. That resolution can be handled by one 680 (most games) so the extra 680 is going to result in underutilization perhaps even negative scaling in some games.

For new games without a mature SLI profile or if you don't know how to set it up using nVidia inspector then you'd perhaps get better performance using just one card.

This is just wrong. Why should I be forced to play at higher resolutions to have decent SLI scaling, not to mention that I'd have to sacrifice a lot of frames. I could just play every game with perfect scaling at insane resolutions and 64x AA scoring 30 fps...

I just want to play at a smooth 60 fps at 1080p.

... And I know very well how to use Nvidia Inspector :)

Soldato
This is just wrong. Why should I be forced to play at higher resolutions to have decent SLI scaling, not to mention that I'd have to sacrifice a lot of frames. I could just play every game with perfect scaling at insane resolutions and 64x AA scoring 30 fps...

Try running the game in 2560x1440 with no AA and then down scale to 1920x1080.

Soldato

It's not wrong - it's well known that 1920*1080 isn't going to fully utilise two 680/7970s and if you had researched it prior to buying you'd have known that in most games you're going to get utilisation issues. It's been this way for a long, long time.

It's an easy way out blaming consoles but the reality of it is often more complicated.

Caporegime
OP
It's not wrong - it's well known that 1920*1080 isn't going to fully utilise two 680/7970s and if you had researched it prior to buying you'd have known that in most games you're going to get utilisation issues. It's been this way for a long, long time.

It's an easy way out blaming consoles but the reality of it is often more complicated.

This.

Some games will only see my GPU's at 70% because of bad coding/drivers.

Some games are frame capped and when you hit the ceiling, the GPU's don't need to work so hard.

Associate

Well, that's a lose-lose situation for people who want to play at 60 fps minimum.
I lose at 1080p because the GPUs aren't fully used.
I lose at higher resolutions because fps will be lower on average.

This is wrong.

Soldato
It's not wrong, it's just the way it is.

My overclocked 670 runs pretty much every single game at 1080 over 60fps with maximum settings.

When I had two 670 in SLI scaling was awful at 1080 purely because there wasn't the graphics demand to fully utilize two cards as the CPU was being used for other stuff as well.

If you want both cards to be used fully then use a higher resolution, otherwise sell one card.

Soldato
Still no solid news yet ?

Must say I think I'm happy except for the Price :eek: , I realise nothing solid yet but keep running it over in my mind, what the max I would really pay for something like this :confused:

A little like preparing to bid at an auction :D

Man of Honour
Well, that's a lose-lose situation for people who want to play at 60 fps minimum.

This is wrong.

I use quad sli and don't have a problem, all I care about is getting a minimum of 60 fps with everything maxed. Im not bothered if its inefficient at lower resolutions, at higher resolutions like 2560 x1600 with everything maxed on modern games I get 97%-98% usage on all 4 GPUs.

Gaming is all about getting 60fps or more, if I can not get a min of 500fps @1080p because my cards are running inefficiently who cares. All I want to do is get above a min of 60fps with everything maxed whatever resolution I am using.

Caporegime
OP
Still no solid news yet ?

Must say I think I'm happy except for the Price :eek: , I realise nothing solid yet but keep running it over in my mind, what the max I would really pay for something like this :confused:

A little like preparing to bid at an auction :D

Nope :( I keep hunting but the same ol rumours we already know keep popping up. Hopefully something solid soon :)

Soldato

This is wrong.

Yup Agree,

Sad to see 2 cards are still disappointing for some users, I would not give them the time of day any more, Heat,noise and disappointment !

Back
Top Bottom