Poll: General election voting round 4

Voting intentions in the General Election?

• Alliance Party of Northern Ireland

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Conservative

Votes: 276 39.5%
  • Democratic Unionist Party

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Green Party

Votes: 41 5.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 125 17.9%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 50 7.2%
  • Not voting/will spoil ballot

Votes: 33 4.7%
  • Other party (not named)

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Respect Party

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Scottish National Party

Votes: 31 4.4%
  • Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • UKIP

Votes: 128 18.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
This still cracks me up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlTggc0uBA8

I don't understand the way the UK system works, but basically if Labor and SNP join with each other will Conservatives have to join with UKIP to win?

326 is the magic number - whichever "side" gets to that number of MPs first has won (the other side can't get to that number since it's the number of MPs /2 + 1). The polls show that Labour + SNP will get to that number which means the Conservatives couldn't stop Labour forming a government if they do a deal with the SNP, but then the polls can be wrong.

Soldato
Lab and SNP will not get to that number. They will be significantly short still and no other parties will join them if they do declare to be together. The last thing the UK needs is SNP with significant control as well. Most of their policies do not align with Labour so why they would get together is strange. SNP are just out there to disrupt the union and drain the UK of money.

Caporegime
Lab and SNP will not get to that number. They will be significantly short still and no other parties will join them if they do declare to be together. The last thing the UK needs is SNP with significant control as well. Most of their policies do not align with Labour so why they would get together is strange. SNP are just out there to disrupt the union and drain the UK of money.

hardly, Labour and SNP should have around 330 seats going by the polls.

Last edited:
Caporegime
If you pick the upper end figures for both, problem is some of them are from each other! Realistically less than 320.

Not really May2015.com has thr following
Labour 273 , SNP 55 == 328

The lowest end is around 320 between them, upper end a around 340 seats.

SNP and Labour do fight over seats but they could take seats form Tories or Lib Dems.

Soldato
Not really May2015.com has thr following
Labour 273 , SNP 55 == 328

The lowest end is around 320 between them, upper end a around 340 seats.

SNP and Labour do fight over seats but they could take seats form Tories or Lib Dems.

Perhaps. I think that is too borderline and not conservative enough to be a confident prediction. Why would lab and SNP get together? Lab are above the anyone but conservative attitude SNP have. Lab and SNP policies don't align and lab risk alienating the rest of the UK. Lab have everything to lose by this link with SNP.

Soldato
Why is that racist Diane Abbott on the BBC seems like every day.

I'm cancelling my TV licence over that left wing agenda run station.

I saw that live, that 'audience' was an absolute disgrace, is that the level of maturity and intelligence the BBC has sunk to?

I do hope that Farage gets into a position to drastically cut the licence fee, the BBC has become arrogant, spoiled and cocky, it needs to be put in it's place

Caporegime
Perhaps. I think that is too borderline and not conservative enough to be a confident prediction. Why would lab and SNP get together? Lab are above the anyone but conservative attitude SNP have. Lab and SNP policies don't align and lab risk alienating the rest of the UK. Lab have everything to lose by this link with SNP.

Read the link

http://may2015.com/featured/electio...gets-to-323-seats-and-becomes-prime-minister/

The SNP don't want the Tories in so will vote in confidence for a Labour government and against a Tory. That alone will basically ensure Cameron will be out of the office.

Soldato
Soldato
This election is a novel experience for me. This time I'm a single-issue voter, and that issue is the Union. So I'm voting for the Unionist candidate most likely to defeat the SNP - the Labour candidate. It's quite relaxing, really, to let all the other issues pass on by.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom