*** General TVs Talk Thread ***

Caporegime
Managed to convince the wife for an upgrade from our cheapo 50" Hisense, so will be receiving a 65" Hisense U8Q on Thursday.

Yes it's not perfect (but then not even the top range stuff is), and yes it isn't OLED (not feasible for our budget when she would only accept 65"), but for £900 it seems like a whole lot of TV :D

Looking forward to more 4k films after enjoying them even on my current cheap set.

Soldato
OP
Yes that caught my attention also, and thank the Lord finally a decent deal in Europe! I've been very jealous of all the TCL sets in the US so it's nice to see something that's meant for our little corner of the earth too.
I remain skeptical though, simply because Philips TVs have had a poor reputation in the recent years, so we'll see if they mess this up somehow.

Soldato
Some good news for smaller size OLEDs. Seems that the one of the company's Fab will be producing 8 panels on a single motherglass. Before it was tied to producing the 2 x 48" as offcuts of the lower produced 77" models. Hopefully see the 48" therefore drop in price compared to what we saw with the 48" CX being priced more then the 55" due to being tied to lower production volumes:

Soldato
Sadly not seen anything on those. Thus far LG display has revealed them as being offered in 2021 lineup they offer, not seen anything about LG display picking them up or anyone else :(

Gut feel and going on a wold thought, possibly towards the latter end of 2021 possibly if they show good yields. I suspect that may be partially dependent on the 83" models demand if they are produced on same motherglass which means low numbers.

Back
Top Bottom