*** General TVs Talk Thread ***

Soldato
Got a Samsung Frame here (QE55LS03RAUXXU) - really struggling to get Google Home integration working despite getting the Samsung app installed and all signed in on my mobile - followed all the guides and still no dice.

Anyone had similar issues or got any tips? (I guess many samsung smart TVs work the same way in this regard?

Cheers

Soldato
where did it break
Control Samsung Smart TV with Google Home (Mini)

I hadn't heard of wisa https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/wisa-wireless-explained/

WiSA is both a hardware and software specification for delivering high-resolution digital audio wirelessly from a source device to a maximum of eight powered speakers within the same room. It does this with a high degree of reliability, using 24-bit 48kHz or 96kHz signals, and can support up to eight channels. In theory, this will let WiSA systems offer 3D audio formats like Dolby Atmos, and DTS:X, however, at the moment it is limited to 5.1 or 7.1 Dolby Digital.

maybe good for driving wireless headphones 2.0 too, versus bluetooth

Associate
I just bought the LG B9 (it was an upgrade from a poverty spec £250 48" generic LED), I did compare with a C9 and CX but at the price point I was super happy to compromise. Every time I switch it on, I'm in awe of the picture quality, sound and UI. What a thing, I honest feel a proper bargain if you can get it at £900 (55) or £1200 (65).

Sui

Sui

Soldato
Bought an ex-display Panny GZ950 55" from Richer Sounds, they're still giving it a 6year warranty. Hopefully won't suffer any burn in issues. Issue was I couldn't fit the ******* thing in my car because in the box they put the stand next to the TV which makes it really long, having to pick it up Thursday instead with another car :D

Associate
Bought an ex-display Panny GZ950 55" from Richer Sounds, they're still giving it a 6year warranty. Hopefully won't suffer any burn in issues. Issue was I couldn't fit the ******* thing in my car because in the box they put the stand next to the TV which makes it really long, having to pick it up Thursday instead with another car :D

I think oled's suffer from burn in, correct me if wrong.

Anyways i have the panny gz950 55 inch same as you so go to menu by pressing menu and then go to picture but pressing right and then find screen settings and then scroll down to find screen settings and press onto that and then scroll down to panel maintenance and then go on from there, do it from time to time to combat burn in.

Associate
I think oled's suffer from burn in, correct me if wrong.

Anyways i have the panny gz950 55 inch same as you so go to menu by pressing menu and then go to picture but pressing right and then find screen settings and then scroll down to find screen settings and press onto that and then scroll down to panel maintenance and then go on from there, do it from time to time to combat burn in.
The problem is that burn in is cumulative. It doesn't matter if an image is displayed 10 hours in a row, or one hour at a time (times 10) - pixels will eventually degrade and you'll get burn in.

Associate
I just bought the LG B9 (it was an upgrade from a poverty spec £250 48" generic LED), I did compare with a C9 and CX but at the price point I was super happy to compromise. Every time I switch it on, I'm in awe of the picture quality, sound and UI. What a thing, I honest feel a proper bargain if you can get it at £900 (55) or £1200 (65).

Where can you get a B9 for 900? Asking because I'm planning to go to Costco and pay £940ish tomorrow

Soldato
I'm looking to upgrade from my Sony KDL-42W705B, which I bought around 5 years ago. The TV is great and the only reason I'm really looking to upgrade is to get something slightly bigger, and also to upgrade to 4K as I've got an Xbox One X, and ready for new consoles too.

I'm looking at the Sony XG70; seems a reasonable price and probably around the same price point that my current TV was when I bought it (cost £400 I think).

I could justify going up to £500 if it was worth it, but reviews of the XG70 seem pretty good. My primary concern is whether it would be good for gaming, does anyone have any experience of this? Thanks

Associate
I'm looking to buy a 49" q60 or the 50" tu8500 but which one would be the best out of them two? Mostly to be used in mt games room for xbox but occasionally films as well. Any views?

Associate
Hi all, was looking for a bit of help with TVs. I've currently got a 55" Samsung 6670 class TV and it seems to have developed a shadow on the left hand quarter of the screen that goes from the top to the bottom. Had a look online and it appears as though the LED's have died off which explains the darkness so looks like I'm needing to get a new one and was hoping for some suggestions!

I've been looking at the LG OLED55B9PLA - it'll mostly be used for gaming and watching sport. My only concern would be screen burn-in from the scoreboard when watching sports and the HUD's in games.

Hoping to keep the price around £1000ish and ideally 55" if anyone has any other suggestions!

Thanks! :D

Soldato
btw -

LG recalls some OLED TVs affected by overheating in South Korea
2016 models: OLED65E6, OLED65G6, OLED77G6
2017 models: OLED65B7, OLED65C7, OLED65E7, OLED65G7, OLED65W7, OLED77G7, OLED77W7
2018 models: OLED65G8, OLED65W8, OLED77C8, OLED77W8
2019 models: OLED65W9, OLED77B9, OLED77C9, OLED77W9

I thought there was an earlier post about a patch in the middle of an oled screen, attributed to a power supply, op had had screen replaced

Back
Top Bottom