Geohot to make it rain again with Limera1n

Soldato
if youve got stuff backed up in itunes then try doing a restore before you do the jailbreak

some people where saying certain apps/settings where interrupting limerain

Caporegime
Finally got my iphone4 jailbroken....been away the past few days so was itching to get it done...was pretty easy to do and didnt have any issues.

Now to play around and see what this jailbreaking lark is all about:p

Caporegime
Hmmm ok maybe im missing something here but having jailbroken my iphone4 just awhile ago...ive installed some apps from cydia ie Lockinfo, Bosspaper and sbs settings.

But for some odd reason i cant see to multi task anymore:confused:...if i press the home button twice it just brings up a blank dock at the bottom where usually it shows which apps are open.

Kinda confused as i didnt think jb'ing the phone would cause me to lose the multi tasking part...unless im missing something??

Soldato
Hmmm ok maybe im missing something here but having jailbroken my iphone4 just awhile ago...ive installed some apps from cydia ie Lockinfo, Bosspaper and sbs settings.

But for some odd reason i cant see to multi task anymore:confused:...if i press the home button twice it just brings up a blank dock at the bottom where usually it shows which apps are open.

Kinda confused as i didnt think jb'ing the phone would cause me to lose the multi tasking part...unless im missing something??
In sbsettings are things in processes? Apps what would be on the multitasking dock

Caporegime
have you actually got any apps open ? tried rebooting since installing things ?

multitasking still works the same for me.

LOL seems to have fixed itself by the looks of it...i did have about 5 apps open but nothing would show up in the dock...did a reboot and that seemed to have fixed that issue.

Now to find some apps that would be useful to me...one thing i find off putting about the cydia thing is that the app prices are all over the place :/...some are like a few dollars then there are some that are like $10 or something...at least the good thing about the apple app store is that the prices are more in line...not such a big fluctuation in prices.

Associate
Windows is a fine OS now and limera1n works exactly the same pretty much. :s

People just moan about nothing.

Its 'cool' to hate Windows, even though Windows 7 is excellent.

Windows 7 may well be 'fine' but I dont use windows 7, as I stated earlier in this thread, it was an XP machine and it just didnt work i tried several iphones/cables/USB ports and nothing happened.
yet on the mac it worked 1st time, in moments

Its nothing to do with hating windows to be 'cool', at my age, cool is not something i really worry about.
I hate it because it does not serve me any purpose and when it does, it usually fails, hence my computing is almost exclusively Mac now ;)

Associate
I had a jail broken 3gs on 4.0. I have updated the software and jailbroken using limera1n which said it was successful but I now dont have any of my apps or even cydia!

Why?

Back
Top Bottom