Get your Oculus Touch Order pre-order

Associate
I'm finding the controllers a bit awkward to use. In Dead and Buried, I keep dropping the guns and throwing a stick of dynamite, sometimes it just stays in my hand or just throws a few feet. I've got small hands, maybe that don't help.

Soldato
I'm on the fence about buying a third controller. For the first few days I was like, yeah, I am definitely getting one, but, due to a changing the layout of my room, I had to move the sensors into new positions. One is higher up and one is only a couple of feet off the ground.

I thought it was going to be terrible, but, it works brilliant. Not saying the position of my sensors will work for everyone, but, it might be worthwhile moving the sensors around to see if tracking improves, I really don't think I need a third anymore.

Don
3rd sensor turned up. Just went through the setup again and it's up and running in 5 minutes. Much better tracking now as it's eliminated some of my deadspots.

Soldato
Tried the touch demo and it was truely magical. I really want a rift, but I can't wear it with my glasses and it's very blurry without them. This makes me extremely apprehensive.

Soldato
Tried the touch demo and it was truely magical. I really want a rift, but I can't wear it with my glasses and it's very blurry without them. This makes me extremely apprehensive.

Why can you not wear Rift with your glasses? 3 members of my family wear glasses and have used the Rift without problems. It just takes a couple of seconds longer to take on and off.

Associate
just ordered a 3rd sensor, having a few blind spots suck so took the plunge!, anyone got any good way of mounting these sensors to the ceilings? seen a few ideas but things only in usa (cctv bracket) looking for a uk solution

Soldato
Associate
Do the Touch controllers not come packaged with an extra sensor - thus adding a 'third' for those who only have the two that come with the Rift? Or is that something completely different?

Never experienced VR until using my son's Playstation VR this last week, and I'm hooked - going to order a Rift sometime in the next month.

Asa

Asa

Associate
Do the Touch controllers not come packaged with an extra sensor - thus adding a 'third' for those who only have the two that come with the Rift? Or is that something completely different?

Never experienced VR until using my son's Playstation VR this last week, and I'm hooked - going to order a Rift sometime in the next month.

The Rift comes with 1 sensor, the Touch controllers come with 1 sensor.

The extra sensor is worthwhile if you plan to walk around your VR space, which is common in Steam games but less so in Oculus Store games. Do you have any games in mind?

Associate
The Rift comes with 1 sensor, the Touch controllers come with 1 sensor.

The extra sensor is worthwhile if you plan to walk around your VR space, which is common in Steam games but less so in Oculus Store games. Do you have any games in mind?

Ah, thanks for clarifying - For some reason I assumed that the Rift came with 2 sensors, and therefore the Touch purchase would add the 3rd.

No idea yet on what games I'll be going for. I have reasonably limited space at present, but that could change as should be buying a house this year - I'll go for the 3rd sensor as wouldn't want to find myself limited.

Take it the 3rd will have to be ordered from the States, as can't see any UK retailers stocking them?

Associate

Just buy a cheap pair of glasses online for the rift, The large "Gordan freeman" type like mine are best as they have no nose pieces to dig in. Something like these http://www.directsight.co.uk/detail/ds-collection-glasses-solo562

As long as you are careful you will not scratch the lenses, just make sure you dont let the glasses touch the lenses when taking the headset on and off

Associate
Finally got my Touch controllers. Felt kind of weird at the start, but got use to them in under 5 minutes.

The First Contact demo is amazing, The Unspoken and Superhot are extremely fun, got tired on The Climb and VR sports hehehhe.

Soldato
Finally got my Touch controllers. Felt kind of weird at the start, but got use to them in under 5 minutes.

The First Contact demo is amazing, The Unspoken and Superhot are extremely fun, got tired on The Climb and VR sports hehehhe.

get eleven VR table tennis and Rec room. You gotta try rec room. It's free and really is very good.

Associate
get eleven VR table tennis and Rec room. You gotta try rec room. It's free and really is very good.

I've tried Rec Room, Nvidia VR PlayRoom, First Contact, Bullet Train, VR Sports, The Unspoken, Superhot, I Expect You To Die, Ripcoil, Kingspray, The Climb, Vr Sports Challenge.

I didn't like the unresponsive hands in Nvidia Playroom and I wanted to puke on Ripcoil, the rest are amazing. Bullet Train is very very nice, I'm purchasing Robo Recall for sure.

Back
Top Bottom