Get your Oculus Touch Order pre-order

Soldato
Just curious, all that you that have received your touch controllers, were you all on the priority pre order group? And how long between getting the shipping the email and your controllers arriving?

I preordered mine on the 12th of October, my estimated shipping day is between the 6th and the 10th of December. Thought I might have heard something by now!!

Soldato
Just curious, all that you that have received your touch controllers, were you all on the priority pre order group? And how long between getting the shipping the email and your controllers arriving?

I preordered mine on the 12th of October, my estimated shipping day is between the 6th and the 10th of December. Thought I might have heard something by now!!

I was a first 15 mins rift pre-order and ordered touch the moment it came out. Yesterday I still hadn't even moved into processing so I cancelled my order and placed it with Amazon... an hour later I had dispatch confirmation and it arrived around 11am the next day.

Obviously now it's not such a great idea as it's not a pre-order anymore and you'll lose the pre-order bonus games.

Fingers crossed for you! I find it ridiculous that an order I made with Amazon the day before launch beats out my oculus order with supposed "preferential spot" in line.

It is however worthy the wait. Amazing.

Associate
Just got off the phone to Amazon and they do not seem to think that they are giving out any pre-order software codes. They were very nice and apologetic but seem to think that it is up to Oculus. Has anyone actually received their Amazon codes?

Soldato
I was a first 15 mins rift pre-order and ordered touch the moment it came out. Yesterday I still hadn't even moved into processing so I cancelled my order and placed it with Amazon... an hour later I had dispatch confirmation and it arrived around 11am the next day.

Obviously now it's not such a great idea as it's not a pre-order anymore and you'll lose the pre-order bonus games.

Fingers crossed for you! I find it ridiculous that an order I made with Amazon the day before launch beats out my oculus order with supposed "preferential spot" in line.

It is however worthy the wait. Amazing.

Yeah, I was going to cancel and get it from Amazon, but, a few people haven't got codes for their preorders, so I said I would wait.

What I was hoping for was that maybe they sent all the priority pre-orders early and they would start on the other orders now, but, that doesn't seem to be the case based on your experiences.

Oh well, I waited this long a week or two more won't kill me. I really just want it before Christmas!!

Associate
Just got off the phone to Amazon and they do not seem to think that they are giving out any pre-order software codes. They were very nice and apologetic but seem to think that it is up to Oculus. Has anyone actually received their Amazon codes?

I was told the same thin but presented this link which has no mention of the codes coming from oculus.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/b?ie=UTF8&node=11960415031&tag=av0c-21.
I was then promised my codes by tomorrow, we shall see.
I have the chat transcript promising this too

Associate
Yes I sent that link too, he disappeared on hold for about 15 minutes, came back and told me that they still thought that it was down to Oculus because they couldn't find any info, but that he would be in touch when he found out more. He also said to keep an eye on my email just in case. So no wiser really.

Soldato
Well I'm sure we'll get sorted out with codes either way... just a bit of a shame that it means waiting.

I'm not really in much of a rush though - when you setup touch you get dead & buried, and medium for free and there are quite a few other cheap or free games to keep me busy. Bullet train gives a nice albeit short glimpse at what Robo Recall may be like.

Last edited:
Soldato
These things are amazing just been playing dead and buried it's brilliant! Anyone want to add me? Username is olliej82

Only briefly played it but dead and buried was a real wow moment for me - when I was cowering behind a sofa having a 2v2 shoot out it was just amazing.

Associate
Ordered from amazon France (cheaper for me to pay in euro than sterling) and they emailed me the game codes right after the order shipped.

Associate
I got a code in the email this morning too, only one code. Is there one per game or does the one code unlock both? Wont get a chance to try it until this evening.

Back
Top Bottom