Ghost of Tsushima - July 17th

Associate
My son who has a PS4 slim has the game and it makes his console really loud. I have the original PS4 but I redid the thermal paste a few months ago so my console is very quiet when playing this game.

Soldato
I swear this game just randomly decides when day and night are. I just had daylight that lasted barely 5 minutes... Walking along in bright sunshine Then all of a sudden its the middle of the night again!

Soldato
Getting Tadayori's armour was a little infuriating at the end, its really annoying having to defend someone just standing there taking hits.

I know it's ridiculous. I thought this kind of gameplay had been eradicated... I haven't seen it in years. I hope it doesn't become a thing again! Your still early in the game too.Wait til you've been doing it for 40 odd hours!

Soldato
Aaargh! Every time I think I'm loving this game it does something bad!

I am doing a side quest that has me kill 3 guys in an encampment. I didn't really look at the objectives, but apparently for no reason at all, an objective is to not be seen and not kill any guards. I killed a guard with a blow dart and a game over screen popped up saying "you killed a guard". Who the hell cares if I killed a guard, just continue the mission. The mission is to kill some people anyway ffs!

It infuriates me. This kind of restrictive linear gameplay was out of date 10 years ago.

I am really enjoying it overall though, just stuff like that really annoys me!

Last edited:
Soldato
My son who has a PS4 slim has the game and it makes his console really loud. I have the original PS4 but I redid the thermal paste a few months ago so my console is very quiet when playing this game.

My PS4 (OG) sounded like it had just received permission from Heathrow ATC for take off and was rolling down the runway, spent an hour redoing the thermal paste, cleaning it out and making a minor modification to the chip/heatsink clamp assembly to provide slightly more pressure and it's now very quiet indeed, an hour very well spent :)

Associate
what are people thinking about this game some times i like it but other times im a bit bored of it some of the quests are a bit repetitive follow the tracks quest are overused and the sidequests are a bit dull.

Associate
what are people thinking about this game some times i like it but other times im a bit bored of it some of the quests are a bit repetitive follow the tracks quest are overused and the sidequests are a bit dull.

Couldn't agree more. Just finished it. There are some great bits, but it's such a chore to get to them. Spent hours on my phone waiting through the poor, unskippable dialogue.

Soldato
I'm really enjoying the game, although I'm finding the combat a little too easy. I'm near the end of act 1 so hopefully it gets harder (I am on hard difficulty)

I think it does a bit.
Maybe it's just sometimes I have a lapse in concentration and I get almost killed by bog standard bandit plebs.
And I've started losing the occasional standoff as I swear the fakeouts they do are getting more elaborate.
I also get quite angry at how little time you get to react to deciding whether to attempt a perfect parry or roll away from a red light un-blockable.

So yeah... maybe? :D

Soldato
I think it gets a bit harder at the start of act 2, but the by the time you've got used to it it's very easy again by the end of act 2.

There is a regular enemy introduced in act 2 that I had trouble with. It would be a spoiler for the end of act 1 to tell you the enemy but anyone who's started act 2 will know. For me it was akin to getting to Anor Londo and having to get used to fighting silver knights regularly. They destroyed me!

Associate
Finished this today, overall I feel like it's a 7 out of 10, the combat/dodge mechanics are a little soft and vague compared with Souls series, story is OK, graphics are amazing but overall not enough to drag it out of an average review imo.

Soldato
Really enjoyed playing GoT, more so than TLoU2.

Gorgeous to look at and great implementation of HDR in dusk/dawn scenarios.

Controls can be a bit fiddly but when you get a few baddies around you and it clicks you just flow from enemy to enemy dealing stabby stabby death :)

People seem to be taking their time with this, not like TLoU2, as not seen that many copies for resale and only 15% have completed main campaign trophy.

Also, who doesn't like to pet a fox :)

Back
Top Bottom