Ghost of Tsushima - July 17th

Soldato
Just finished up act one, got my Ronin armor fully maxed for the sweet straw hat, got my eyes on the sword skin I want and have just started the family armor quest..already getting sidelined again tho!!

Game is pretty fantastic, loving the combat more and more. Flowing different stances together when I want to just be a bad ass samurai or sneaking around like a dirty little stealther picking foes off with my long bow.

Need to stop taking screenshots tho, damn it.

Easily goty contender.

Soldato
I'm still enjoying it but quest design is really letting the game down. I'm so sick of defending an ally who can't stay alive for more than 10 seconds. It ruins the flow of combat!

If Assassin's Creed featured quests like this everyone would be ripping it!

Soldato
Haven't had that problem myself, only time I've failed a quest that didn't involve me dying was when I hit one of the prisoners that needed rescuing with a badly timed heavenly strike lol

Soldato
Haven't had that problem myself, only time I've failed a quest that didn't involve me dying was when I hit one of the prisoners that needed rescuing with a badly timed heavenly strike lol

I just did a side quest where I was with a guy against about 15 thieves, some straw hat ronin... Of course he died in about 20 seconds and then I had to revive him in I think 40 seconds or its game over(why the game can't just continue is beyond me...). There were like 10 enemies around his body. Took lots of attempts!

Also, BTW you fail quests when you get seen sometimes. Yes, you read that right, in 2020 games have started brining that back!

Associate
I agree. I also find myself getting annoyed when I'm trying to fight but I have to keep worrying about defending some peasant who the enemies decided to attack. Although to be fair I think that's only happened on two occasions so far.

Other than that though it's incredible. I am really enjoying it.

Soldato
Yeah I'm, really enjoying it too. The free play rather than the quests tbh. Which I find far too rigid.

What armour is everyone wearing. I'm really liking Tadayori's armour with the Summer Ocean skin.

Associate
This is the best game I have played this year so far. It's so relaxing at times and the medium difficulty is perfectly tuned for my capabilities.

This game must be a PS5 launch game.

Caporegime
This is the best game I have played this year so far. It's so relaxing at times and the medium difficulty is perfectly tuned for my capabilities.

This game must be a PS5 launch game.

This calm you feel, it’s how I feel when I go to Japan, minus all the killing of course lol. I can’t explain it, the minute I land there is a sense of tranquility I can feel inside, even when in the busiest of places.

Soldato
Just finished up act one, got my Ronin armor fully maxed for the sweet straw hat, got my eyes on the sword skin I want and have just started the family armor quest..already getting sidelined again tho!!

Game is pretty fantastic, loving the combat more and more. Flowing different stances together when I want to just be a bad ass samurai or sneaking around like a dirty little stealther picking foes off with my long bow.

Need to stop taking screenshots tho, damn it.

Easily goty contender.

I just got the ronin armour as well, got an old crappy falling to pieces straw hat, so I need to max out the armour to get a better straw hat?

I'm going for the long bow next as apparently that is a missable item I think or not given to you in any story mission.

Soldato
Seriously love it. The combat never gets old main irritation is camera can be a bit wonky. I get the lack of lock on to avoid losing the flowing nature of combat but think one to work on for a sequel.

And there better be a sequel (maybe a different storyline/character or setting, prequel to mongol invasion). Iterate and improve on this formula and its going to be truly awesome.

Caporegime
Seriously love it. The combat never gets old main irritation is camera can be a bit wonky. I get the lack of lock on to avoid losing the flowing nature of combat but think one to work on for a sequel.

And there better be a sequel (maybe a different storyline/character or setting, prequel to mongol invasion). Iterate and improve on this formula and its going to be truly awesome.

Japan has never had a foreign invasion on it’s main islands (the main 4) on recorded history. The Mongals never made it that far, one invasion was wiped out by a typhoon in the Sea of Japan when they tried. The Sequel could do with internal Shogun fighting I suppose, there were a lot of that.

Soldato
Japan has never had a foreign invasion on it’s main islands (the main 4) on recorded history. The Mongals never made it that far, one invasion was wiped out by a typhoon in the Sea of Japan when they tried. The Sequel could do with internal Shogun fighting I suppose, there were a lot of that.

...But this is about Tsushima which was subject to invasion by the mongols and is the story depicted in the current game hence the context of my comment? Granted if they move away from Tsushima then I guess could follow that path.

Caporegime
...But this is about Tsushima which was subject to invasion by the mongols and is the story depicted in the current game hence the context of my comment? Granted if they move away from Tsushima then I guess could follow that path.

Yes, I agree with that, and hence they need to change the story if they make a sequel. As if you set the story on the main islands, it would be all about civil conflicts.

Soldato
I want some dlc before they start making a sequel...!

I've not seen much said about the engine, but the game is running flawless on my bog standard 5 year old ps, fast travel is actually fast, hardly any load times. So, so good.

Totally recommended

Soldato
By my understanding, the Mongols did manage to reach the mainland, but the storm destroyed their fleet before they had a chance to get really dug in. Both times they tried. Basically, they got as far as the beach, but no further.

Back
Top Bottom