Ghost of Tsushima - July 17th

Caporegime
Bought this on sale a couple of weeks ago (digital), have to wait for my PS5 to rock up though as it’s one I missed on the PS4. Looking forward to it though, looks great.

Soldato
I do not believe that for a second haha

I tell you what.. I have played lots of games of this size and map complexity and i think he is actually correct. I was VERY impressed with how quick the fast travel was on this game. I think the longest was about 6-7 seconds fast traveling from the top part of the map to the lowest(main starting part and largest). Usually it was around a couple of seconds.

Soldato
I'm struggling to get into this, I'm only an hour or so in (just got the bow and assassination ability) so I know I probably just need to give it more time. Having just finished TLOU2 I wonder whether the graphical quality, animations and tight controls in that are what is making me struggle with this a bit.

I was expecting incredible combat but I'm not finding it satisfying or particularly enjoyable at all. Visually the game looks good at times and at other times just average.

Does it get any better?

Soldato
You get some more abilities but despite putting in about 20 hours, the game never really grabbed me. I liked some of the story (aside from the lead voice actor being very forgettable) but I got bored of the rest of it.

Soldato
Played a few hours of this on PS4 Pro - it was pretty good but didn't make me want to play it more than CoD or AC Odyssey. But still looking forward to going back to it on PS5. Hopefully there will be an early patch and I want to take a look at Legends too.

Soldato
Played a few hours of this on PS4 Pro - it was pretty good but didn't make me want to play it more than CoD or AC Odyssey. But still looking forward to going back to it on PS5. Hopefully there will be an early patch and I want to take a look at Legends too.
There’s a day one 60fps/upgrade patch. :) I’m picking it up when the ps5 arrives too

Soldato
Is AC better?

I guess I am just more familiar with the AC games and more invested in them. Odyssey is a brilliant game - the level of detail is phenomenal but essentially its a hack and slash fetch and carry quest game, much the same as Ghost. Is it better than Ghost? Honestly I couldn't say as I didn't play Ghost for long enough. I think it will largely depend in which time period and game style you find more interesting and attractive.

I think Ghost will be something I will return to and really enjoy but overall I prefer the Greek theme and time period.

Soldato
I was refering to the fact that it the load times were artificially lengthened.

Believe what you want, my statement was based on what the lead engine programmer actually said. The interview talks about the technology behind the load times.

https://kotaku.com/ghost-of-tsushima-devs-slowed-down-load-times-so-you-co-1844409624

Late into the project, Bentley said, they decided to artificially extend downtime in these situations so that the tips could be on-screen for “more than a fraction of a second.” Just between you and me, it’s still pretty hard, but I can typically get through one or two before being whisked back to fighting Mongols.

Soldato
Playing this on PS5 and absolutely blown away. It looks and sounds absolutely superb. Can’t believe this is a PS4 game, it looks next gen.

Soldato
Even though i have finished it it will be one of the first games i install in my console.. :D Such a great example of what can be done with the technology, great writing, great characters and pretty good pacing.

Back
Top Bottom