Ghost recon Breakpoint ** Official thread

Associate
I havent experienced any game crashes or issues myself, and am loving the game so far! Love finding the bases and popping off the guards from long range with my sniper rifle.

Soldato
How is the game extracting money, what am I missing?

The shop.....the whole game is simply an advertisement for the micro transactions.
Yes it's 'optional' and no you don't 'have' to spend but when the game has clearly been designed from the ground up with it's recurring revenue options at the forefront, has a £100 purchase option and launches with bugs not befitting of an Alpha build you have to question the direction of the market as a whole.

I managed 7 hours last night before I uninstalled. It's a soulless game, devoid of character, craft, actual content or unique selling points and every single one of it's mechanics is done better, bigger or cheaper in other similar titles except of the course the micro transactions which this game has taken to new level.
The month free on Uplay+ has already paid for itself though as I wouldn't play this game if it was F2P.

Soldato
Can't say I've come across anything advertising the microtransactions! I had seen there was a store on the main menu, but never went into that. Nothing is popping up in-game telling me to go buy things, so right now I'm only really aware of microtransactions due to forum posts.

Played something like 5 hours and finding it ok right now with some mates. It's not a classic by any means, but the co-op elements are keeping it interesting right now. Feel like I need to fire up Division 2 for a bit to compare them side by side, from memory I felt like the gameplay and environment were deeper and more interesting in Division, but I really like the fact that the enemies aren't just bullet sponges in Breakpoint.

Soldato
I'm really enjoying this game so far guys. I've mainly done solo pve, but tried coop for missions and enjoyed that too.

Last night I tried PVP for first time and enjoyed that too.

I play most nights so if anyone fancy's playing coop missions with me on discord pls let me know?

Or if anyone already has a group setup and you don't mind a friendly Yorkshire man joining your group please let me know? Thanks.

None of my friends play this game and when I join coop sessions in-game nobody seems to use a mic so I really wanted to play coop with a group of friendly companions on discord :)

EDIT: BTW I found a good tips video on youtube:

If you have anymore useful tips or videos can you please share them guys?

I'm currently xp level 10 and gear level 34. Only got two or three blue's so far. Although after watching this video I'm going to go to those Mammoth sites and get the skill points and high level gear!! :D

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm really enjoying this game so far guys. I've mainly done solo pve, but tried coop for missions and enjoyed that too.

I play most nights so if anyone fancy's playing coop missions with me on discord pls let me know?

Or if anyone already has a group setup and you don't mind a friendly Yorkshire man joining your group please let me know? Thanks.

None of my friends play this game and when I join coop sessions in-game nobody seems to use a mic so I really wanted to play coop with a group of friendly companions on discord :)

I'm currently xp level 10 and gear level 34. Only got two or three blue's so far. Although after watching this video I'm going to go to those Mammoth sites and get the skill points and high level gear!! :D

Did not know i could fast travel, that will help.

Soldato

Think I will start a new game as these tips are pretty useful and I am making a bit of mess of things at the moment.

Associate
So how does this cloaking spray work? When playing as a panther class it should be used pressing Z but nothing happens. Is there something I haven't done right earlier, so does it need to be unlocked first too?

Soldato
Cloaking spray is different. It's an item like Grenades, select it from the Alt menu (or loadout menu if not available in the alt menu). With it selected press G, spray it on like a teenager with a can of Lynx Africa and enjoy being invisible to drones.
The Z special ability just throws a flashbang onto the floor and stuns anyone near you. Not actually tested what the range is, it's kinda amusing but considering how quick the TTK is with any guns it's not really that useful imo.

Soldato
I went after a behemoth site for the two chest which are supposed to have good stuff using the spray to get to the tower. First time I used the spray it did not work as I was wasted, did manage to get the chest the second time but not sure if the spray worked or not, loot was not great either.
Far to many question mark areas to look at with their rubbish loot.
What I do find annoying is he still cannot climb even the lowest rocks, he seems to fall down slopes all to easily and what's with the AI that if one enemy spots you they all do even if you leg it to another position in cover they have no bother following me?

That said no real issues and over all I am enjoying it.

Associate
After progressing through 24 hours of the story my mission progress has entirely disappeared this morning. My character level is still intact, just right back to the starting mission and all my completed side quests have gone. I've tried restoring various versions of my save games from over the last few days to the usual Ubisoft launcher location, but this bizarrely makes no difference. I've also tried removing the files and letting them re-download from the Uplay cloud, but again the result is the same.

I've raised a ticket with Ubisoft but don't expect much joy from them to be honest, just wondering if anyone has any further suggestions? I am not prepared to start the game again as I have limited gaming time and besides there's no guarantee this won't happen again.

Soldato
Can you unlock helicopters other than buying them?

Got a bog standard one in garage. When starting game. Others you need to buy. Don’t think you can save them by going to the bivouac when I tried. Picked up that MK2 one, lethal as, makes some of the behemoth areas and side missions where you need to blow up XYZ and cake walk :D

Soldato
Thought that was the case, need to get one with homing rockets which sells for around 30,000 I think. Cheers.

Which one has homing rockets for 30k. Only 30k one comes with gattling guns afaik? If not then I really overpayed with the one for 50k :eek: thankfully money is largely easy if you go harvesting in some spots where gold and obsidian grow.

Soldato
Which one has homing rockets for 30k. Only 30k one comes with gattling guns afaik? If not then I really overpayed with the one for 50k :eek: thankfully money is largely easy if you go harvesting in some spots where gold and obsidian grow.
It was on the video in this thread.
Where do you harvest gold and obsidian?
I only discovered that I could flog weapons yesterday, did not know I could sell materials.

Soldato
You can sell materials? I was wondering what they were for :D Didn't realise I could sell the weapons instead of dismantling them either! Something to look at this weekend then.
Playing games these days is a lot harder than it used to be as just finding out what you can do is a major part of it, I have just discovered that I can call a vehicle or helicopter to a bivouac mind you most of the times a vehicle would be useless as they are so often on the top of a mountain.
And what's with the inability to parachute off a cliff, big moan about this bug on the Ubi forums, getting down from these places is a right pain.

Last edited:
Soldato
It was on the video in this thread.
Where do you harvest gold and obsidian?
I only discovered that I could flog weapons yesterday, did not know I could sell materials.

Make sure you get the right one though. The 30k base overseer model only comes with gattling guns (or at least description of it). The one in video (if its this one at 730sec: https://youtu.be/0xc9tousCg4?t=430) from what I can see is the overseer MKII us 45k. There is a Overseer MKI version which is 37.5k with rockets. But could be mistaken.

Gold you can get around lakes and ponds. For obsidian I have found it high up in mountains and stuff. One spot where I find it respawns is right next to "Sunken Clipper Bay Bivouac", on north part of large main land. Normally find 5-6 spawn there, near the small tower next to the camp site.

I would probably say, keep 3 of each precious material in your bag, found some side quests have asked for it (though to be honest, only done a handful of side quests and no main missions so not sure how often that may be, spent entire time getting all 4 class's to level 10 thus far :o)

Soldato
Found a video for gold harvesting so off to do a bit of that now.
Will look at the bivouac site as I have been flying around a lot just opening up these sites to make fast travel easier as going by helicopter everywhere is so slow.

Back
Top Bottom