Ghost Recon Wild Lands

Soldato
I started this today - put around 10hrs into it.

Without a doubt one of the most frustrating games I have ever played.

The mechanics are so broken. I'm in the dark in the bushes but boom - every man and his dog locks on to me with laser precision. So I think- hmmm I will try a different angle so there's only one way in or out but boom - enemies spawning behind me from nowhere! I mean literally in a room with one door and a guy appears behind me and starts shooting me in the back =/

I tried doing a side mission earlier and even though I had a gunship with twin miniguns - I failed. The goons are like Neo - anything other than point blank and they dodge bullets with ease, like Arnie in those scenes from Commando. Trying to defend something when guys just spawn in right next to it as soon as you turn your back is as tiresome as it is impossible.

Seriously, I thought the days of enemies just appearing out of thin air were long gone in games.

10hrs in and I still have the same crappy 20 round assault rifle and even though I have picked up various guns off dead guys and completed multiple missions and side missions - nada. Zilch. Zip. Looks like the game wants me to grind hard or pay to unlock. Even the skill system is a grind - got loads of skill points but can't spend any of them because I also need A B or C, all of which are in the arse end of knowhere in places swarming with laser precision goons that double their numbers by the power of superspawns.

I'm really trying hard to like this game but its not making it easy. Maybe it just won't be for me?

Associate
I'm a out 60% into the game and its starting to feel like that to. I usually get the drone up to find them all then sniper as much as I can and then get my team to take a few out with the sync shots. Try do as much from a distance before being seen.

I spent a few hours in a helicopter going round picking all the parts for a decent sniper

i completed this 100% in covid and can say i never had anyone just randomly spawn near me like that. if i used the drone i'd know where they all are and none would spawn for sure.

upgrade the green guys stuff to get them to do the scan for you makes the game super easy especially when it refreshes so quickly.

Soldato
i completed this 100% in covid and can say i never had anyone just randomly spawn near me like that. if i used the drone i'd know where they all are and none would spawn for sure.

upgrade the green guys stuff to get them to do the scan for you makes the game super easy especially when it refreshes so quickly.

I'm having it loads. Some missions you can't be stealthy - so you have to go toe to toe. For example the mortar support mission where you have to activate the radio and defend it to earn mortar support from the green guys- enemies were just spawning in all over. It really stands out if you run out into the bushes or try and take the high ground - you literally see them popping in. Had guys spawn in the building, in the bushes, on the rocks overlooking the building. Bloomin everywhere. I can survive it but the radio doesent. If I try and defend instead of just trying to survive, I get shot with precision from 4 or 5 different angles even when hiding in undergrowth. Or if I try and camp the building with the ammo box - guys spawn in there. Literally because my head is on a swivel I can watch them appear out of nowhere and start shooting.

Other missions where if you mess up a shot and alert one of them then additional guys spawn in. For example destroying the gambling machines/tables. If you swim round the back there is a wooden jetty on each corner of the building with stairs heading upwards like a pyramid. The only way onto the jetty is the stairs down or to swim in. Enemy became alerted by witnessing a kill of a guy up on the next level and boom, im getting shot by a guy on the jetty just behind me (I was on the jetty also). He didn't swim in and he didn't come down the stairs. I know this because I was covering those areas. I turned for a second just to check the jetty across the way and he spawned in behind me shooting me in the back =/

Back
Top Bottom