1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ghost S1 Kickstarter launching 29/11/17

Discussion in 'Small Form Factor and Single Board Computers' started by Huddy, Nov 29, 2017.

1. nade

Wise Guy

New video from JayzTwoCents

2. pacegod

Hitman

I assume this can’t hold 2 240mm rads like the Ncase m1?

3. Random Guy Esq.

Wise Guy

It can, if you use the additional "top hats".

4. nade

Wise Guy

Yep, you could put large hat on bottom and another on top.

5. orbitalwalsh

Capodecina

can even stack double top hats.

spoke to the company, seem very keen to impress and please although didn't like the idea of steel version ( fiercely against plate stamping). Massive same as could of produced cheap steel versions for OEM with plastic top hats to attack the market - not everyone that owns an ITX system has deep pockets :(

getting a friend to 3D print one of these but need to expand it to house 140 fans and allow 3 slot GPU cooler :D

6. .Ox.

Hitman

Has anyone picked their colour yet? Can't decide between Ash or Pangaea

7. nade

Wise Guy

Gone with Ash, but the never really shared decent updated pics of the options.

8. .Ox.

Hitman

Just posted on their FB page asking if they could upload some more pictures. Both colours will fit with the room, but the pangaea reminds me of a matte green Audi I see driving around.

9. .Ox.

Hitman

Really hope their latest Instagram post isn't the Pangea case on top. Military green yes, sea sick green no...

10. JediFragger

Capodecina

I'm liking that light green, not a sick colour at all imo :)

11. .Ox.

Hitman

They posted some other pictures in a few other forums, I think it was just the lighting in the picture.
    At least I hope so as that's what I've got coming haha.

12. PinkFloyd

Capodecina

When you getting yours? I'm looking forward to seeing some more builds in these. Still fancy one for my next rig but currently none in stock and can't see any news around when they might be available again - assuming they will be one day!

13. Huddy

Hitman

The Ghost will live on don't worry. A second run before the end of the year was talked about some time ago, but as this original run has seen delay after delay I'm not sure whether it'll happen this year as I think they will end up focusing on additional parts for the case such as I/O TopHats and windowed side panels before signing off on a second run.

I was disappointed the Artic White version got cancelled, so I'm hoping that they'll find a work around on that colour with a v2 case in the new year.

14. PinkFloyd

Capodecina

That's a shame, the white did look good! Although I imagine I'd bottle it and resort to my standard black case! Where's the best place to keep up to date with news on it? Kickstarter, their website, or some other forum perhaps?

15. Huddy

Hitman

Their website is the best place going forward, although they will no doubt update the threads on hardforum.com and smallformfactor.net, there is also talk of a Discord channel at some point in the future.

16. .Ox.

Hitman

Sorry buddy, don't think I've got email notifications on for this thread.

It is being dispatched on the 28/09/18 with an estimate delivery time of 3 weeks. As above though, there have been a few delays. :p

17. MSTRBKR

Wise Guy

Anyone have theirs yet?

18. crazy8s

Gangster

Hasn't shipped yet, should be shipping on the 11th and 12th according to the Slack updates with several weeks to get to the destinations

19. Huddy

Hitman

For those missed out; ordering for the 2nd batch is now live, ETA Jan 2019.

20. khemist

Mobster

Just ordered mine with tophat for delivery in January, looking forward to building my first mitx.

Sent them a message so i can add another large tophat so i can do custom wc if i feel like it, may just do a bequiet silent loop on the CPU and air cooling on the GPU though.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018