Ghostbusters: Afterlife

Soldato
I'm not convinced the kids are the grandkids of Egon, the time that has past is all off, Im sure they must be his kids.
That just wouldn't work. Egon if alive would be about 70 and the kids are 14-16 probably with their mother around 38-40.

So Egon would have to be the Grandfather. I mean it's possible that he already had a family but never spoke of them, or adopted a child a bit later in life.

Soldato
I just didn't dislike it or like it either, I'm also very skeptical as the last one was dreadful.
This will be nothing like that disaster. For a start it's back to the original universe of the first two movies and is directed and written by the son of the original director.

It already looks so much better.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
So they rebuilt 1a as 1, rather than 'un-do' the restoration on 1 to make look her like a barnfind?

I'm more than cool with 1a finally getting some attention. It always saddened me how Sony left her to rot. But why not rebuild her as 1a? Especially since this film is supposed to follow GB2 in continuity.

Caporegime
OP
So they rebuilt 1a as 1, rather than 'un-do' the restoration on 1 to make look her like a barnfind?

I'm more than cool with 1a finally getting some attention. It always saddened me how Sony left her to rot. But why not rebuild her as 1a? Especially since this film is supposed to follow GB2 in continuity.

1A always looked more than a bit over the top, not really sure what the reason is for going back to the original design. Probably to connect the movie more with the first movie which was more of a hit. Doesn't make a lot of sense in continuity terms that the car in the last movie has suddenly reverted to the 1984 version.

Never really liked the 1A version, just seemed like they went totally overboard with slapping as many lights on it as possible.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Never really liked the 1A version, just seemed like they went totally overboard with slapping as many lights on it as possible.

See, that's part of why I like 1a. Along with the wider wheels, the white letter tyres, the yellow-black stripes on the flanks...

Yeah, the matrix sign was a bit 'extra'. But I genuinely love the rest of it :)

Caporegime
OP

Ironically, the car broke down just after this was filmed, the refurb messed with the red propello ray light and the front round blue lights, the propello ray ended up just being a static red light and the front and back round blue lights now are just static and don't pulse on and off. :mad:

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Ironically, the car broke down just after this was filmed

Yep. The smoke and backfiring weren't really done for effect, the car was genuinely that broken five years down the line! When she finally conked out on the Brooklyn Bridge the NYPD fined the film production company, as she was impeding traffic.

Soldato
Well I watched the trailer and thought it looked brilliant. Made me want to know more. Not sure whether I like Ant Man in it but I thought it was good that none of the original cast appear in the trailer it would be better if this was a "reveal" in the actual movie it would give it much more impact as I heard there were a few of the original cast returning. It didnt look that way but I reckon Slimer might be on the good guys (kids) side this movie.

Caporegime
OP
Well I watched the trailer and thought it looked brilliant. Made me want to know more. Not sure whether I like Ant Man in it but I thought it was good that none of the original cast appear in the trailer it would be better if this was a "reveal" in the actual movie it would give it much more impact as I heard there were a few of the original cast returning. It didnt look that way but I reckon Slimer might be on the good guys (kids) side this movie.

It's been confirmed most of the main cast are appearing including Sigourney Weaver. Rick Moranis is the only one there's a question mark about.

Back
Top Bottom