Ghostbusters: Afterlife

Mini Stay Pufts flying about on a roomba and grilling each other, what more could you want? :D

Like how they included the little piano notes from the first movie near the end.

Almost reminded me of something from Gremlins, this vibe makes me happy, hope they just make a damn Ghostbusters film thats fun and not something full of SJW crap.

Soldato
In less than a minute that clip manged to be more faithful and have major Ghost buster vibs than the whole of Ghost busters 2016. (Library scene)

Caporegime
OP
The mini Stay Puft was first done about 3 decades ago in the real ghostbusters comic series (1989 to be exact). Already seen some people saying this is an attempt at a Baby Yoda type cutesy character but it's origins massively predate that.

RhONzfh.png

Associate
Looking forward to the new movie when it finally lands, love the first and second, when I was a wee lad I actually won a pre-release version of the 2nd movie from a competition on Teletext, was mega excited when it landed through the letterbox. Still got it, it's in the same case as you'd have seen in a rental shop so it must have been from the stock they'd allocated for rental (so before you could actually buy it as a normal consumer).

Caporegime
OP
That clip doesn't especially do it for me, tbh. I don't recall GB being particularly cutesy - more comically grotesque. But I still have high hopes for the movie.

A small stay puft is always gonna have a bit of a cute factor, but that's sort of offset by what they're doing to each other which is a bit disturbing on a few levels. :eek:

Man of Honour
Swanned in this thread with a lot to say about the franchise.... and I’d already said it many months ago. Huh!

I guess they are going with the ‘throw nostalgia at people’ route with the mini-staypuffs... not my bag personally, I would rather something different but it’s probably (hopefully) only a fleeting part of the film.

Back
Top Bottom