Ghostbusters: Afterlife

Caporegime
OP
I think it bombed because a lot of people didn’t like it conceptually. But it was fine.

It bombed because it was a pile of crap helmed by a director that for some weird reason has the opinion that "men aren't funny". Just about every male character in the movie was either a dribbling moron or a total bellpiece.

Some of the cast of that POS were "outraged" that Sony weren't going to make a sequel and instead go with a newer iteration continuing the story of the first 2 movies. It would seem that the movie costing Sony around $70 million isn't something they have clued into yet.

Caporegime
OP
Eh, I didn’t have any opinions on the men in the film. So what if they were dumb? It’s just a film - don’t view it as a catastrophic attempted assault on your male identity :p

It was just a film helmed by a director that has a weird little agenda going on when it comes to male actors. He might not have noticed he in fact is a male, though probably so deep in the closet his arse is hanging out in Narnia.

Caporegime
OP
No such thing as a homophobe, made up modern PC word.

I saw the original movies in the cinema but skipped the last junk (I did watch the trailers) and will keep my eye on this one.

The first trailer pretty much sunk the 2016 movie, badly edited and it referenced the first movie as if it was carrying on from those events. It's like whoever made the trailer didn't know what the movie was supposed to be, a continuation or a reboot. Then by the time the second trailer hit people had already made up their minds and the "anti female" rhetoric was blown out of all proportion with Sony selectively deleting comments on the trailer to try and skew what was going on.

Caporegime
OP
Be interesting to see what the storyline is for all the equipment and ecto 1 being stashed in an old farmhouse. Realistically it should be ecto 1 a as that's the last car to feature in the films, the real world reason as to why it's not is it's basically sitting rusting away with most of its parts missing on the Sony backlot.

Think 1a was a bit over the top anyway, they just seemed to glue a bunch of lights onto it for no real reason and it looked a bit too goofy.

This is the last known image of the car : Cqd6maN.jpg

The original ecto 1 was restored a few years back but some things weren't done properly in regards to some of the lights.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
So official GB3 at last, i just wish Murray hadnt dragged his heels so much to the point we lost Ramis before it was made. Although im sure they will do some CGI to bring him back in some fashion even if its just to honour him.

Murray is purported to be a bit of a weirdo to say the least. When they were doing the voiceovers for the game in 2009 he had a clause that said he recorded by himself with no other cast members present, then he apparently buggered off one day and never returned despite his lines not being complete. That and contacting him is meant to be almost impossible as he only bothers to check a voicemail number every so often. There's a video on youtube talking about it and he comes off as pretty odd. The only reason he was involved with the 2016 movie was Sony were considering litigation against him for his half assed attitude and constant refusal to take anything to do with Ghostbusters.

Caporegime
OP

Trailers playing it pretty close to the chest, for this one anyway, at 2:04 that looks like a Terror Dog from the original movie, the little you can see of it anyway. :eek:

And at 1:46 you have "Shandor mine", aka Ivo Shandor who was the leader of the Gozer worshippers and who made Dana's building in the original movie. Could be a return of Gozer, afterall Gozer was only pushed back through the gate at the end of the first movie, not destroyed.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
I have mixed to positive feelings about the trailer. Looks far far better than the 2016 movie. The only two things I'm a little mixed about is the small scale of the story and it looks like an extended Stranger things episode. Not necessarily a bad thing if the story and characters are strong. But it feels very confined compared to the other movies and video game. I hope that this is playing safe to see if it is a success then we have larger scale movies down the line.

I do like how they nailed the SFX, Slimer looks like the dirty semi-seethrough slimeball like in the first movie rather than the day-glow green plastic turd in the 2016 movie

The vibe of some sections of the trailer seems to be vaguely similar to gb2 in that nobody seems to know or dismisses the events of the previous 2 movies. Wonder if they'll go in depth on what happened to the containment unit etc. Maybe the ghosts just dried up and they went out of business, which would play into what happened in extreme ghostbusters as well. I hope they don't reveal too much in the trailers, one thing the original movie did was keep Stay Puft out of the trailers so when he showed up it was a huge surprise, that's lacking in trailers these days as they generally play out like an ABC of the events of the movie and nothing is kept as a surprise anymore.

Caporegime
OP
German trailer has a little scene at the end of the proton pack being fired and the ecto goggles taking a picture.

They're calling it Ghostbusters Legacy.

Caporegime
OP
"There hasn't been a ghost sighting in 30 years." They went for the head on this one and totally negated Ghostbusters 2016.

So did Sony, the movie was named "Ghostbusters" then when they seen it tanking they added "answer the call" to the title to differentiate it from the first movie.

Caporegime
OP
Ugh. All kids, so they are not taking the movie seriously. It'll just be "for the kids" hung off a Stranger Things template.

Not all kids, Paul Rudd is involved as well as the original cast.

And why is everyone bringing up Stranger Things because of a single cast member? Was "IT" also a stranger things knock off?

Back
Top Bottom