Poll: Giant Acorn!

Name change to 'Acorn'?

• Yes

Votes: 80 94.1%
  • Yes

Votes: 40 47.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If it is the conifer I think it is, it's actually quite tall (well 15m to 20m I think).
And you would never want to be hit by one.

What I found even more surprising is that pine or pine cone was never the name of any computer company. Apples, Acorns, even Tulips but no Pine Computers.

If it is the conifer I think it is, it's actually quite tall (well 15m to 20m I think).
And you would never want to be hit by one.

What I found even more surprising is that pine or pine cone was never the name of any computer company. Apples, Acorns, even Tulips but no Pine Computers.
Pine cones don't appear at the top of the phone book.

Apple, Atari, Amiga, Acorn, Amstrad, Acer, Asus...........

Good point!
The obvious counter might be Zenith but they look like they were going for the other end of the book (but Zygote would beat them!).
While Osborne might have been thinking of those who open a phone book from the middle.

Due to computers wishing to appear modern, Abacus never caught on - not helped by most Westerners thinking of the children toy 10 bead abacus rather than the 5+2 seriously one.

There are a suspicious amount of companies named "aardvark something" since the word aardappel isn't well enough known.

The only real question is, what is a phone book?

I have a genuine tangerine that is 20 years old, whilst left in the car for a good period of time it dried out without moulding.
So I kept it lol.

That's not an Acorn! This is an Acorn!

s-l1600.jpg

Technically that may be an Acorn but this is a better example of an Acorn.

Sadly, I sold it a few years ago but this was one of two I had.

lamESnq.jpeg

This is excellent :cry:

Speaking of things outlasting themselves oddly. We have a lemon pig that has just, not deteriorated.. sure he's shrivelled up and still looks horrific but I expected him to decay completely. For those unfamiliar with lemon pigs.

Oh I thought it was something like lemon party

From tiny acorns, mighty pine trees grow.
From little pine cones mighty oaks grow.....or something like that anyway :cry:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom