• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gigabyte 480 GTX SOC or Asus GeForce GTX 480

Soldato
Sent the SOC back to overclockers and ordered an Gigabyte GeForce GTX 480 SE instead. Installed the SE and it is better in every way. Even clocked at 820Mhz it is more stable, runs on less voltage and runs 15 - 20 degrees cooler while gaming. Very happy with it. Recommend the SE over the SOC to anyone mulling it over.

lol perhapswhen I joked that they'd binned the cores the wrong way round (SE/SOC) perhaps it wasn't a joke lol ?

otherwise there shouldn't be any difference

as far as I am aware other than the slight revisionon the PCB number (probably removes the dual bios switch etc) - they're the same cooler etc etc - 15-20C cooler is a massive amount!!

whats your current load temps then ?

mine even at 760 - gets to 95C after 15 mins of Furmark - but in general gaming stays below 81C

Associate
Thanks for the replies.

I did consider that they might be sold out, but then why not just say 'out of stock' like I see on other products rather than just remove completely?

Never mind though. Like you guys say, probably just sold out.

And yes, I would definitely get the SE over the SOC given the chance :)

Back
Top Bottom