Gigabyte Aero 15 X Gaming Notebook With GeForce GTX 1070 Max-Q Graphics

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Pre-order placed...

*taps foot impatiently*

Are they nearly here yet?

Hi @martsky - thanks for your order,,,,,, keep tapping that foot!

We have had update from HQ today, and expect the next delivery to arrive in UK in 2 weeks time. Not ideal, but due to demand this is the bottom line. Of course we always push for UK priority, so trust that we are doing everything we can to get them here as quickly as possible.

Hope that's OK, not perfect, but at least you know where we are.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Associate
I must say, Atom80, hats off to the Gigabyte team.

The Aero 15 has to be one of the most beautiful Windows laptops I have ever seen. Stunning in every way. I was iffy about getting the 1060, will almost bite the bullet on the 1070 but I have one quick question for you

Do you think Gigabyte will do another version in the near future, but this time with the 1080 Max-Q design? :)

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Good question, i'd be interested to hear of that too. Any signs of stock for these yet?

I must say, Atom80, hats off to the Gigabyte team.

The Aero 15 has to be one of the most beautiful Windows laptops I have ever seen. Stunning in every way. I was iffy about getting the 1060, will almost bite the bullet on the 1070 but I have one quick question for you

Do you think Gigabyte will do another version in the near future, but this time with the 1080 Max-Q design? :)

Hi @JimboJet & @o531 - thanks for the positive feedback :) R&D do enjoy receiving these posts when we send to HQ, makes their job worthwhile and always nice to hear/see that efforts are appreciated. Means a lot to the designers especially.

Regarding stock - we expect more deliveries to come in the next 2 weeks and are advising customers to place pre-orders (with OCUK) so that you secure your allocation when the stock does land. Numbers are limited and demand is high, so this is the only advise we can give.

Rest assured HQ are aware of UK's hunger for the product and will be working hard to fulfil the orders we have from our re-seller and distribution partners.

Thanks for your support and feedback and if you have any further Q's, please let us know.

Thanks,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Associate
You didn't quite answer the question there, Atom80 :p But I appreciate you forwarding our comments to your team!

Would you be able to forward this to them as well?

1: What I absolutely LOVE about the Gigabyte Aero 14/15 is the bezel-less design. It looks stunning, beautiful and simply out of this world. Which leads me directly onto my next point:

2: I love the slender weight of the Aero 15. It comes in at just over 2kg, right? I own an Alienware 15 and while it's a fantastic gaming laptop, it's a real pain to carry around and not especially portable. It comes in at around 4kg+ when carrying the adaptor. Of course, I am not complaining as I knew all this when I bought it a year ago, but to now see a competitor deliver an even better machine, while cutting away all the unnecessary stuff (like bezels) and make it very lightweight and prettier is great.

3: Please, please, please design an Aero 15 with a 1080 Max-Q design. I hope there is one already in the works, and I realise it is not at all easy. But I feel that if anyone can do it, Gigabyte can.

Asus almost delivered with the Asus Zephyrus but the pathetic battery life really kills my desire to have one. I really hope Gigabyte can design one.

If not, I'll happily settle for the 1070 Max-Q. Next best thing for sure :)

Soldato
You didn't quite answer the question there, Atom80 :p But I appreciate you forwarding our comments to your team!

3: Please, please, please design an Aero 15 with a 1080 Max-Q design. I hope there is one already in the works, and I realise it is not at all easy. But I feel that if anyone can do it, Gigabyte can.

I don’t think you’ll see the 1080 Max-Q in a 15 incher. I reckon it’ll more likely appear in an “X7 MD”... if that ever comes into existence!

Associate
I don’t think you’ll see the 1080 Max-Q in a 15 incher. I reckon it’ll more likely appear in an “X7 MD”... if that ever comes into existence!

There are already 15" notebooks with 1080 Max-Q. There are 15" notebooks with full fat 1080's also.

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep

Would you be able to forward this to them as well?

1: What I absolutely LOVE about the Gigabyte Aero 14/15 is the bezel-less design. It looks stunning, beautiful and simply out of this world. Which leads me directly onto my next point:

2: I love the slender weight of the Aero 15. It comes in at just over 2kg, right? I own an Alienware 15 and while it's a fantastic gaming laptop, it's a real pain to carry around and not especially portable. It comes in at around 4kg+ when carrying the adaptor. Of course, I am not complaining as I knew all this when I bought it a year ago, but to now see a competitor deliver an even better machine, while cutting away all the unnecessary stuff (like bezels) and make it very lightweight and prettier is great.

Asus almost delivered with the Asus Zephyrus but the pathetic battery life really kills my desire to have one. I really hope Gigabyte can design one.

If not, I'll happily settle for the 1070 Max-Q. Next best thing for sure :)

Hi o531 - sorry we didn't swerve any part of your question on purpose, was waiting for reply from HQ to make second post,,,,, and then ,,,,, didn't !

Ooooops.

Anyway, at the moment we don't have GTX1080 MaxQ on the roadmap, but these things always remain fluid and changeable, so never say never - but we think its unlikely.

Weight is just over 2KG in total.....

Let us know if we have still missed something :)

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Associate
In regards to the extra slim bezel, is there anywhere listed to the overall screen size in comparison to a 17.3" laptop? Very tempted to get this as it is ultra light and thin and would be an ideal step up from my 4 year old stealth

Associate
Hello.

I am interested in buying one of these. I would like to
either dual boot it with Linux, or install a dedicated
Linux hard drive and run it from there.

Are there any issues i should be aware of in terms
of compatibility apart from gpu drivers?

Thanks

Soldato
Hi Prohono - we don't have anything on the roadmap at the moment.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Aww that's disappointing :(

I'd flip back to the X7 DT, but seeing as the 8th gen Intel chips are out now, it already feels dated! I don't suppose there's any X7 DT v8 tidbits yet? :p

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hello.

I am interested in buying one of these. I would like to
either dual boot it with Linux, or install a dedicated
Linux hard drive and run it from there.

Are there any issues i should be aware of in terms
of compatibility apart from gpu drivers?

Thanks

I epc1,

Unit should be fine with Linux installed. If you buy model with 1 x SSD, there is obviously 1 spare M.2 bay for you to install into, or buying with 2 already on board might suit you better.

Regards

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Associate
I epc1,

Unit should be fine with Linux installed. If you buy model with 1 x SSD, there is obviously 1 spare M.2 bay for you to install into, or buying with 2 already on board might suit you better.

Regards

Gigabyte UK NB Team
Great.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom