Gigabyte AORUS FO32U2P Flat QD-OLED: 32" 4K 240Hz with DisplayPort 2.1, KVM

Soldato
This thing is beautiful. 7900XTX driving Horizon Forbidden West in glorious 4k and still pulling over 200 fps. Now I must tear myself away from it to do some bloody exercise.....
F1 23 was averaging 115 FPS on my old 144hz 4K monitor @ 120hz. Now its averaging 221.5 FPS on my new one @ 240hz. Just goes to show the monitor was the bottleneck.

Associate
Last edited:
Soldato
Seem to be plenty on amazon at 2m and 3m
That say certified 80Gbs
Including the manufacturer monitors unboxed used
During their 20 minute video
Explaining dp 2.1 and that it can be 3 different speeds confusingly

I’ll give you a truth. Just because something on Amazon says certified, does not mean it is. I have seen “certified” passive copper 50m hdmi 2.1 cables .

Associate
Seem to be plenty on amazon at 2m and 3m
That say certified 80Gbs
Including the manufacturer monitors unboxed used
During their 20 minute video
Explaining dp 2.1 and that it can be 3 different speeds confusingly
yes, he knows and he already explained the confusion in the first comment below the video

Last edited:
Soldato
What a ***********

If you use DP2.1 you are limited to 1 meter cable length, there are currently no 80GB/s certified cables over 1 meter

This is like when hdmi2.1 launched and the cables just sucked the hope out, and this is even worse

Last edited:
Soldato
What a ***********

If you use DP2.1 you are limited to 1 meter cable length, there are currently no 80GB/s certified cables over 1 meter

This is like when hdmi2.1 launched and the cables just sucked the hope out, and this is even worse
The cables will come, they'll just be expensive and may have to be active not passive. Think of the data being transferred, it's incredible. It's the same with proper certified TB4 cables.

Associate
Edit: unless I get up real close and squint that is.
I'm getting the dankest feeling that all the people testing for and complaining about text fringing on OLEDs of any kind do so with a methodology that involves going just shy of "cornea physically warped by contact and pressure" for distance with a text scaling less than 100% at 4K to get the fringing they seem to get.
Just a gut feeling.

As for the issue of DP2.1 certified 80Gb/s cables being short... wait for VESA to update their list of legitimate cables or wait for active cables because you're not getting that bandwith at distances over 1m unless DP2.1 sockets include phase-and error correction in their signal processing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom