gigabyte ax370 k5 vs 5?

Associate
On first installing the card it would work fine, but after turning on the PC next Morning when it got to desktop no sound, in the Windows Device Manager under "Sound, Video and Game Controllers, only 1 of the 2 Soundblaster Z Drivers was detected
the only way to get the sound card back was to switch the power off on the PSU or wall for around 10secs then switch on PC & all be fine again.

Associate
Yep, one of the 2 driver lines of the Soundblaster z in "Sound, Video and Game Controllers" would just say Device.

Did take some Pictures last year but since del them

Last edited:
Associate
Could be an I/O or device conflict between the two sound cards... use the BIOS and disable the on board sound card. If you have already done that try and disable the device in the Windows device manager.

Associate
Already did that for the first time I installed the SoundBlaster Z sound card on the AX370-Gaming 5, First thing I did was disable onboard sound & disable the device & even disabled the onboard sound devices from the Graphics card
tried all motherboard PCI-E slots, I swapped motherboard with Asus b350 & all works fine every day.

I rather have the Gigabyte AX370 motherboard as it got all the USB & SATA ports & Lighting
just what I need, also more lanes & being it's a 370 Board

I read on the USA Gigabyte Forums its a Defect on the most of the Gigabyte AM4 motherboard line
with the SoundBlaster Z

Last edited:
Associate
Appreciate you letting me know as I was not aware.. Will keep an eye our for any more... Yes that new A-E5 is very good, I will look into the rework needed for the board,.

Associate
@GIGA-Man, Just wake up 30mins ago turned the PC on,
was Just switching Between CPU & DDR Orange error LEDs & the Debug was non-stop cycling between Codes,
at to turn the PSU switch off & waited for while then switched back to & PC booted up fine again.

Ah Just noticed it as booted up on the Backup Bios, So the Main Bios is Faulty,
May of corrupted Again, happened before & got it working flashing it to F20
I booted into bios on back up then flipped the 2 bios switch so it led was on main bios
then flashed it
Recorded a Video clip on mobile of the Corrupted Main Bios

Got the CPU 1700 at stock speed, just the memory got XMP enabled,

I Don't comfortable Knowing I only got the backup bios, So Reflashed the Main Bios & worked again,
If it happens again, will have to stay on back up bios or swap Motherboard with Asus B350-F Gaming I got on the shelf.

Will post here again if the main bios gets Corrupted again.

Last edited:
Associate
In practice there is no difference btw g7 and g5 ... in comparison tools only difference is shown at g7 limitation ddr at 32bit windows..
Visually black vs white ... if so much like black just you can self change this plastic covers...with black one.
About difference price , for me does not agree to pay more ~90 for color and sone extra light.
Otherwise i would if g7 was with second pcie running at x16 without limitation of occupation.

Associate
Hey, @GIGA-Man I'm all good & Happy with all now, booting up Fine,
Using the Onboard Sound Realtek with X-FI MB5 Software,
Soundblaster Z sound card still doesn't Work,
but not fussed & Maybe go with the New Creative SoundblasterX AE 5 Card in the future if needed

Try to install/uninstall few times drivers software of sbz but downloaded last one available that support sbz Sound Blaster Z-Series Software
Filesize : 157.61 MB Download
icon_showdetail.gif
Hide Details
Release date : 25 Jan 17
Its some like a bugg happen could fix problem could remain same....

Some how sbz driver conflict with w10 and this make him to even disapire from device manager.
Also if some one have mentioned if you didnt do changes at power plan of sys your pc never go off or sleep when use soundblaster check it this with cmd last wake-up so after u change timers and pc go to sleep or turn off self not aways but some time when you wake it/ turn on your sbz is missing so should be some conflict of driver in case is some wrong with power feeding then why even missing in device manager u can see soundcard red diot in side is on.

Associate
Soundblaster Z Will not detect after turning the PC on the following day due to Motherboards Defective &
the only way to get it to detect again is to cut the standby power by switching the Power supply off for around 10 secs

The hardware defect may not affect the Gaming K3

Tried my Asus B350-F gaming & Asrock Motherboards all is fine

Back
Top Bottom