gigabyte ax370 k5 vs 5?

Associate
Sound blaster Z sound cards having trouble , Been having trouble since rel of the Ryzen Motherboards ,
Detects ok first time on new install of card & latest drivers , next day start PC up , audio not detected , only way was to
to turn off PC & switch off psu for around 30secs then switch on & boot up PC to get the soundcard back ,
Was to much trouble so i took the soundblaster z out & useing the On board Sound.

http://forum.gigabyte.us/thread/1906/ga-ax370-gaming-sound-blaster

Last edited:
Associate
Yep Up on the .com ,Thanks
F8 BIOS
  1. Fix P2-state hanged issue while adjusting CPU Vcore of Ryzen 3
  2. Improve DDR compatibility
  3. Fix CPU Vcore caused high voltage issue while adjusting the Dynamic Vcore option

Had a feeling they after taking F7 down they ,Update it to F8
with Fix CPU Vcore caused high voltage issue while adjusting the Dynamic Vcore option

Soldato
OP
The reply i got from gigabyte tech support was

Hello,

CMK16GX4M2B3200C16(DS) is not listed in our QVL because it is not exactly the same as CMK64GX4M8B3200C16(SS).

AX370-Gaming is a 6-layer motherboard. Definitely, hardware layout (e.g PCB layer) plays a role in overclock but it’s not the only factor.

For DDR XMP performance on AM4 platform, it is more related to AMD AGESA code (APL code) support and CPU capability.

Also just tried the Hyper X its 2400 stock and wont boot to 3200 at all on xmp, tried F6 and F7, just boot loop over and over. and this is on the qvl! :(

Get shot of F7, it was pulled from the official bios list as in some instances it was pumping 1.7v through people's cpus!

Associate
All them Cooked Motherboard CPUs out there , that f7 been up for over a week ,glad i did not install it , 1.7watt might as well be a Gigawatt /Killerwatt

Last edited:
Associate
F8 still wont run 16gb hyper X at 3200 only 2400 stock, funny enough i took one stick of ram out and it ran 8gb 3200 no problem, ive got Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3600C18 coming tomorrow hopefully that should work, its on the qvl at 16gb 3200

Last edited:
Associate
The Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3600C18 worked straight out of the box, the xmp set it to 3600 then i just changed it to 3200, quick test job's a good en :)

Soldato
This over-volting bug happened to me with a gigabyte gaming 5 and a 1700 cpu.. I flashed the F7 bios then went straight in and re-applied my overclock with a 0.025v offset and saved and exited. When the system was booting it was obvious from the fan noise that something was odd, so as soon as I was at the desktop I loaded cpu-z and was horrified to see the core voltage at 1.7V! So I pressed the power button for 5 seconds to shut down the machine as fast as possible, reset the bios to defaults and it was fine - I didn't try re-applying the overclock again just in case it happened again and also kept it on the F7 bios as I didn't know better.

I only saw the news today that it was a bug and not something that I had done erroneously, I do still wonder what, if any, damage I've done to the CPU long term. I've flashed the F8 bios now and re-applied my overclock successfully and all seems well, I want this machine to last 4-5 years at least and it'll be a pain if that 20s over-volting kills this CPU in the future..

Associate
This over-volting bug happened to me with a gigabyte gaming 5 and a 1700 cpu.. I flashed the F7 bios then went straight in and re-applied my overclock with a 0.025v offset and saved and exited. When the system was booting it was obvious from the fan noise that something was odd, so as soon as I was at the desktop I loaded cpu-z and was horrified to see the core voltage at 1.7V! So I pressed the power button for 5 seconds to shut down the machine as fast as possible, reset the bios to defaults and it was fine - I didn't try re-applying the overclock again just in case it happened again and also kept it on the F7 bios as I didn't know better.

I only saw the news today that it was a bug and not something that I had done erroneously, I do still wonder what, if any, damage I've done to the CPU long term. I've flashed the F8 bios now and re-applied my overclock successfully and all seems well, I want this machine to last 4-5 years at least and it'll be a pain if that 20s over-volting kills this CPU in the future..
Wow! good job you were keeping an eye on it, hopefully you wouldnt have permanently damaged it as you caught it quick

Associate
Hi,

Has anybody else had the boot screen freeze issue?

The Aorus logo pops up when I boot my system (I am running a Gaming 5 mobo and a 1700 @ 3.9) and the system will freeze once the Aorus logo pops up.

If I hit reset the system will boot fine and I will be able to get into windows 10. Benching and gaming also work fine and sometimes the system will occasionally boot successfully.

The mobo error code during the splash screen freeze will read '0d'. The only puzzling thing is that the system runs perfectly save for the boot freeze. The overclock is cinebench/Prime stable so I am unsure what the issue is.

Thanks in advance.

Soldato
OP
Hi,

Has anybody else had the boot screen freeze issue?

The Aorus logo pops up when I boot my system (I am running a Gaming 5 mobo and a 1700 @ 3.9) and the system will freeze once the Aorus logo pops up.

If I hit reset the system will boot fine and I will be able to get into windows 10. Benching and gaming also work fine and sometimes the system will occasionally boot successfully.

The mobo error code during the splash screen freeze will read '0d'. The only puzzling thing is that the system runs perfectly save for the boot freeze. The overclock is cinebench/Prime stable so I am unsure what the issue is.

Thanks in advance.
of all the problems I've had I can thankfully say that hasn't been one of them. has it always been like that for you or is it a recent occurrence?

Back
Top Bottom