Gigabyte G34WQC - 1440p ultrawide

Soldato
Can those that have/are getting this please measure the actual screen (less bexels) vertical height please ?
Cheers :)

Associate
Was a good choice with gsync compatible.
I do not like it so much anymore since gigabyte removed that spec from their website.
So waiting for real reviews.

Associate
Was a good choice with gsync compatible.
I do not like it so much anymore since gigabyte removed that spec from their website.
So waiting for real reviews.
That is a little disconcerting, I can find anything regarding g-sync compatibility on their website now.
If you follow the posts,they temporarily removed the g-sync from their website description because they are awaiting nvidia confirmation and not beceuse it doesn’t support g-sync.some youtubers who bought it confirmed g-sync works.

Associate
Hi. Anyone seen any info about next batch ETA? I placed a pre order last week, but must've missed the first batch. Have posted same query in another post, so if I hear anything there, I'll share here. Thanks.
I got mine today (was a replacement for the first one I was sent with a faulty joystick button). This one works great. Love it so far.

Associate
Did you purchase it from OCUK? because I don't think they accept monitors back with dead pixels, unless it is a certain amount.

I looked at their site as I was curious too... and I think there's a few things in play ... you can return anything within 14 days (no need for it to be faulty) but you've gotta pay the postage... and you've got 30 days to send something that's faulty back... and you're right that dead pixels don't count as it being faulty (see below) but I don't think that overrides the 14 days you've got if you just decide you don't want something.

14 DAYS / CANCELLATION PERIOD (UK & EU)
If you wish to cancel any of the products on your order and return them for a refund, you have up to a total of 14 days to contact us after the final receipt of your order.

You must inform us in writing if you wish to cancel your order. This can be done through the forums, by webnote, fax or post.

You must return the goods within 14 days of notifying us of the cancellation. We will reimburse you within 14 days of receipt of the goods using the same means of payment as you used when placing the order.

Unfortunately we cannot cover all unforeseeable costs and you will have to pay for the return of any unwanted goods you are returning. Please package the goods properly and ship them in a separate outer box, including all packaging, cables, manuals, drivers and protective bags, however small.

You are liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from the handling other than what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods. For example, if it goes beyond the sort of handling that might reasonably be allowed in a shop. We will deduct this amount from the value of the refund.

TV & MONITOR PIXEL POLICY
Please be aware that all of our Suppliers and thus Overclockers UK conform to the ISO 13406-2 standard - the acceptable number of dead pixels based on screen size and resolution. Information on this can be found through any major search engine typing "ISO 13406-2" and the monitor brand name. Products with dead pixels of equal to or less than those defined within the ISO 13406-2 standard will not be accepted for return.

But as I've not done it I don't know how it works out in practice.

Associate
I looked at their site as I was curious too... and I think there's a few things in play ... you can return anything within 14 days (no need for it to be faulty) but you've gotta pay the postage... and you've got 30 days to send something that's faulty back... and you're right that dead pixels don't count as it being faulty (see below) but I don't think that overrides the 14 days you've got if you just decide you don't want something.

But as I've not done it I don't know how it works out in practice.
without any doubt you can return it based on 14 days change of mind rule.but you have to pay for shipping if they ask you to.regardless of their terms and condition,this return period is a distance selling rule in UK,so they can never refuse.

Associate
First impressions are pretty good.

Recognised as gsync compatible without any issues, and no stuck pixels etc. I haven't noticed any flickering either so far.

Maybe a little bit more backlight bleed than I'd like, but it's not terrible.

games look pretty awesome so far.

Associate
so does OSD sidekick work? looking at gigabyte site there is no usb input, you need usb for the software to work, and no mention of osd sidekick

Associate
Like all low cost 34 uw..
It has better user reviews than similarly priced monitors so far,and it's not like you can get a better monitor for £200-£300 more.so calling it a low cost,when for a real improvement in quality you have to pay twice the price seems unfair and wrong.it apperas to have much better build quality than likes of Iiyama,electriq,etc

Associate
This is my first post so welcome everyone. I've bought this monitor last and it was delivered last week.
Backlight bleed isn't that bad, colors are fine and ghosting is also ok but that's all.
Menu and joystick aren't that good. Joystick is pretty noisy and hard to push.
But what's worse is that when g-sync is activated then horrible flickering occurs.
Have a look at this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA2VtbPl3h4&feature=emb_logo

What I've tried so far:
- different DP cable of course
- clean install of nvidia drivers even using DDU
- changing freesync range using CRU to 30-144 | 50 - 144 | 80 - 144

Till now nothing helped so I'm open for suggestions ;)

Of course everything is fine when g-sync is disabled.

Associate
This is my first post so welcome everyone. I've bought this monitor last and it was delivered last week.
Backlight bleed isn't that bad, colors are fine and ghosting is also ok but that's all.
Menu and joystick aren't that good. Joystick is pretty noisy and hard to push.
But what's worse is that when g-sync is activated then horrible flickering occurs.
Have a look at this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA2VtbPl3h4&feature=emb_logo

What I've tried so far:
- different DP cable of course
- clean install of nvidia drivers even using DDU
- changing freesync range using CRU to 30-144 | 50 - 144 | 80 - 144

Till now nothing helped so I'm open for suggestions ;)

Of course everything is fine when g-sync is disabled.

As far as I'm aware there is nothing you can do to combat the flicker right now.
Its possible a fix may come via nVidia drivers but if you're like me and fairly impatient that will probably get old soon.

As for the joystick you can download OSD software to control your monitor via Windows instead of persevering with the joystick.

Associate
Yes those low costs 400-500$ uw 3440x1440 have all the same problems...
Thank you very much for your review.
I compared all those. Xiaomi and gigabyte were the 2 only "oki" choices to try to get such a monitor for nearly no money but we have to admit they have nothing in commun when you take a Dell Aw3420dw or a LG 34gn850 for exemple. Not the same category and it is for a good reason !!

Associate
worrying on the flicker..

is it just in game menu it flickers?

what about in game?

wondering should i cancel order for one as out of stock anyway..

Back
Top Bottom