Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master Owners

Soldato
I have noticed there are quite a lot of owners out there so thought it deserved its own thread.

Really pleased with mine. On BIOS F10 atm but will be updating to F11 soon. No issues to report so far. I have noticed that some settings can be changed in two different places in the BIOS. Does it matter which you use? If only set in one place how did it know which takes precedence? Thinking of memory settings primarily.

Very solid board quite literally, think it weighs about 1.5kg!

Soldato
OP
Finally got around to building my machine on Friday using the Master. Far from an easy build had a lot of issues actually getting it to boot. The fan was noisy as anything though I upgraded the bios to F11 earlier so hoping this sorts that out.

CLC 280 I bought must have a faulty pump as it makes some strange noise so that’s going back. Luckily I had a Kraken X62 to hand to replace it with.

Managed to kill two sata drives somehow just taking them out of my old machine and leaving them on an anti static bag. The one I’m bothered about hadn’t been backed up in a while so that’s another thing to deal with.

Wonder why you had boot issues? I had a very easy time of it. The later BIOS versions are better. Are you aware the outside of antistatic bags are conductive?

I thought the Master was a very nice quality board when I built it, lots of options.

Soldato
OP
How are you all finding the sound? I'm no audiophile and I'm listening via my AKG K702 headphones and it sounds pretty good to me.

I'd also like to get some decent stereo speakers for the desk sometime. What headphones/speakers is everyone using?

Soldato
OP
Havent used wired headphones much on it but the sound via Samsung galaxy buds by Bluetooth is really good....not so good for gaming though....no positional audio/sense of direction.

Chucked in an old basic xonar dx soundcard and the general sound on it was worse for sure but the gaming audio was an improvement.

The soundblaster AE 5 only arrived yesterday but so far very impressed :)

Bought it mainly/only for the game audio as missing my old pci card...not tried it yet with the Logitech Z5500.

Will be interested to hear how you get on with the AE5. Sound seems to be a bit neglected on PC these days.

Soldato
OP
Anyone planning a Zen 3 upgrade? Think I'll hold off until AM5 drops. Think my 3700X, new 3600MHz C14 8Pack RAM should be good for a while. Just planning to upgrade the 5700XT to something that will get decent frame rates at 1440p with ray tracing. Eventually PCIE 4.0 storage once that looks to be maxed out.

The Aorus Master does seen a very solid platform. No issues at all. Would be nice if all manufacturers would properly document their BIOS though, it's not like they don't know what it all does!

Soldato
OP
I currently have the 8Pack 3200mhz kit, overclocked to 3800mhz cas16 - would I see much benefit from the new cas14 stuff?
Managed IF1900 and it is performing well.....but could it be better and worth the extra £?

I wouldn't think so unless you're a hardcore benchmarker. I probably wasted money but wanted a fast 32GB kit and can sell my other two to fund it.

Soldato
OP
How you getting on with this mobo?
Bios did my head in at first, but used to it now lol

I'm finding it to be very solid. The BIOS is a bit odd in that it duplicates settings in different places but I was used to an old MSI BIOS so this seems nice and modern by comparison.

Soldato
OP
Anyone using the F12g BIOS? I won't be updating to it for now as my RAM seems to be working fine and it's just for RAM compatibility.

Soldato
OP
New BIOS out F20a - Update AMD AGESA ComboV2 1.0.0.2 for 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen XT series processors and New Gen AMD Ryzen with Radeon Graphics processors support

I've been looking at the PCIE configuration and with one GPU you get PCIE 4.0 x16, with two you get 2x PCIE 4.0 x8. What if for example you have a another card in one of the PCIE slots will that also drop the speed of a single GPU?

Edit: Think I've found the answer:

"PCIe 4.0 lanes from the Ryzen 3000 CPU are split between the top two full-length slots as x16/x0 or x8/x8. The lowest full-length slot operates at Gen 4 x4 bandwidth from the X570 chipset and the PCIe x1 slot receives a single Gen 4 link."

So looks you can run a single GPU at x16 in the top slot, leave the middle empty, run something else in the bottom slot (e.g. more storage)a use all three M.2 at the same time.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
nah, not used to high end audio, been using onboard audio for the last 5+ years or so. Thanks, I check the onboard first then. :)

And you not had any problem with your board either ??

It's been great, rock solid, regular BIOS updates. Overkill for me but I think it will last a lot of upgrades and plenty of room for expansion. I'll be interested to see what you think of it.

Soldato
OP
I’m thinking of buying this board but came across this thread and quite a few people having problems with it.

https://hardforum.com/threads/gigab...nt-power-on-temporary-solution.1993194/page-6

Anyone here suffering the same problems as I really like the board and I pretty much always buy Gigabyte boards. But if it’s problematic I’ll have to go for something else?

Been perfect for me, running cool and stable with 32GB 3600MHz C14 RAM at XMP. Best motherboard I've owned with regular BIOS updates too.

Soldato
OP
Hmmmm. So I need to go one M2 drive and partition that for OS and games on separate areas of the same drive so I don’t need to redo load them. Not sure how much of a difference it is making but having x8 Gen4 feels like a sizeable trade off. Or am I being overly sensitive due to my ignorance?

X8 gen4 is the same as x16 gen 3 so plenty of bandwidth. I think the real point is outside of HEDT you won't get anything faster.

Soldato
OP
Just updated to F22 from F11 BIOS with Q flash plus but ended up with F5l BIOS?!! Definitely the right BIOS on the USB as confirmed in the BIOS by Q flash.

Ram the update with Q flash and no issues, now at F22. Very odd as previously I just used the Windows application, risky but dual BIOS, and had no issues at all.

Back
Top Bottom