Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro BIOS resetting

Associate
finally. I solved my issue. VBAT on HWINFO64 shows 2.8volt. I replace with a newe battery and I finally get 3.23v. No resets since then.
Where do you see VBAT, please... I can't see the wood for the trees.

Also got the same problem with bios resetting and I'm on F11. Only just got the board yesterday and already thinking of returning if this is going to be an ongoing issue :(

EDIT:
Oops just found it. Mines reporting 3.0V exactly, is this an issue?

Associate
Are people still seeing these issues with bios F11?

My bios doesn't seem to be resetting anymore and I have XMP enabled running @ 3200 but...
  1. Turn off at the wall and back on again
  2. Start PC the CPU fan (Wraith) will spin during boot then stop spinning during and when in Windows although all the lighting is working on the fan
  3. Restart or shut down PC and the fan will start to spin at the very last moment before restart\shutdown
  4. Power on again and it all works fine
Pretty weird stuff but we get a lot of power cuts so if I don't notice we've had an outage and the PC starts my CPU is cooking because the fan isn't spinning.

Soldato
I had this long boot issue when I was trying to overclock my RAM. Thought I'd borked the PC at first as it's not obvious what's going wrong when it does this. It sounds like it's turning on then immediately off again which makes you think there's a serious problem.

Loading default CMOS and then setting the RAM back to its XMP profile fixed it.

Associate
I have had some of these issues with mine, I am now on F11 bios and after a lot of trial and error / tweaking settings = all seems good now (fingers crossed)
I had lots of issues with the ram settings, seems extremely picky to get it right.
Used DRAM calc but still had some issues, that took a couple of days of head scratching and trying again.
I now have 8pack 3200mhz ram overclocked stable at 3800mhz with looser timings (thanks to advice on here).

It is a great board once you get the bios settings right.
Some of the settings dont seem to make sense and take some getting used to (though my previous full rebuild was around 12 years ago, so I am a bit rusty).
Same settings in different areas of bios can be confusing as well.

I am going to leave mine 'as is' for now to make sure it is 100% stable, before I look at an o/c on the CPU (ryzen 3700)

Associate
I've got the X570 Aorus Elite and was getting Bios resets. Since installing the AMD chipset drivers the proplem seem to have gone away.

Associate
F11 BIOS, had same issues and followed VBat tip above (HWInfo64 > Sensors > Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro (ITE IT8792E) ), was showing 2.802V. I also reset the BIOS via CLR_CMOS jumper and battery contacts shorting since I was at it.
Nominal Voltage of a CR2032 battery should be 3V, and mine after changing reads 3.3V.

What I also noticed, having a 5700XT in the PCI-E 1 slot and nothing else, is that by enabling "PCI-E tbt support" (Thunderbolt support via expansion cards I guess - IO Ports menu in BIOS) the screen was sometimes black after rebooting from Linux.
The boot status red LED of VGA (the 4 LEDs are close to RAM sticks, at the first PCI-E slot's ending on the Aorus Pro) would be lit until the OS came up.
Disabled PCI-E Tbt, no more black screens and no more stuck VGA LED.

Associate
I have same issue with bios reset.

I have XMP enabled in 2 cases:

case 1: when I set auto for vcore and cpu multiplier, bios reset does not happen.

case 2: when I set fixed vcore and cpu multiplier, bios reset does happen.

it's very annoying.

Associate
I have this same issue, but on the Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 Wifi and 3700X using latest F50 BIOS. For the most part it works fine but if the computer is shut down then it tends to reset the BIOS and I need to load a saved profile. VBAT in HWINFO64 reads 3.096V.

Soldato
Associate
It's a unified Driver Pack

Supports:

Windows® 7/10 for
2nd Gen AMD Ryzen™ Desktop Processor
7th-Gen AMD A-Series Processors
AMD Ryzen™ Desktop Processor
AMD X470 Chipset
AMD X370 Chipset
AMD B450 Chipset
AMD B350 Chipset
AMD A320 Chipset
Windows® 10 only for
3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ Processors
3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ Desktop Processor
2nd Gen AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ Processor
AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ Processor
AMD Ryzen™ Desktop Processor with Radeon™ Vega Graphics
AMD Ryzen™ Mobile Processor with Radeon™ Vega Graphics
AMD X399 Chipset
AMD X570 Chipset
AMD TRX40 Chipset

Package Includes:

AMD Chipset Drivers
AMD Ryzen™ Power Plans (required for UEFI CPPC2 in Windows® 10 May 2019 Update)

Last edited:

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I had problems with XMP on my Corsair 3600 (16GB x 2) but turns out I needed to use A2 and B2 RAM slots and not the ones nearest to the CPU A1 and B1.

Associate
I went on my path of discovery when I added 3rd and 4th DIMMs - XMP no longer worked but turning it off and manual setting of XMP values works a treat although not running any other OC yet.

I would post BIOS snapshot but new here so working out how to include screenshot ;)

Soldato
I went on my path of discovery when I added 3rd and 4th DIMMs - XMP no longer worked but turning it off and manual setting of XMP values works a treat although not running any other OC yet.

I would post BIOS snapshot but new here so working out how to include screenshot ;)

Gigabyte shares a different viewing to ASUS in regards to testing 2 vs 4 dimms slots. ASUS get a many kits and high as they can get with performance for 2 sticks and most end users just use 2. Gigabyte test stability for 4 dimm slots , but you doont break records that way unfortunately . Though you can run XTREME TRX40 with 5000hz on 4 dimm slots :D

Associate
Currently have 4 x 8Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600 running stable @3600MHz with manual setting of 18-22-22-22-42-64 on 1.35v everything else Auto for now

Associate
Hey, I have a new system, arous master x570, ryzen 3950x, 64 gig corsair vengenace 2666 ram (4x16), windows 10 installed on Samsung EVO PLUS 500 Nvme. Coming from intel I'm used to 10 second boot times. It now takes about two minutes! I don't know a lot about overclocking or BIOS settings. I did check if I could disable CSM support but that option has a little star on it and I can't disable it.

I have the same issue as previous posters where the arous spalsh screen turns up, goes away, reboots and then loads windows. Usually takes around 2 minutes.

Anything I could try? Like I said, I really don't know much but turning to the internet since the shop that built my computer isn't much help at the moment. I'm running BIOS f11.

Back
Top Bottom