Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro BIOS resetting

Rab

Rab

Associate
not like the way this thread gone, setting up mine monday. Bar updating bios to latest. any tips tweaks any 1 can share. :D

Associate
No, that's not usable, still making problems, it *MAY* reset bios settings on it's own and all sorts of other problems. What a shame, this was the last thing I would expect to get from Gigabyte and especially Aorus... If this doesn't get sorted out very soon, I'll return this board and probably get Asus Strix for the same money.. For those who read in case they try to download the F4 bios the link on the site is broken http://download.gigabyte.eu/FileList/BIOS/mb_bios_x570-aorus-pro_f4i.zip there is a missing "i" after f4.....

They have removed the beta bios designation from the official page. F4 (no letter) is now the latest official version. Seems a confusing way to go about things to me....

Based on this post https://www.overclock.net/forum/11-...te-x570-aorus-owners-thread.html#post28023210 the latest beta version for the Pro board was F4L, so a few versions after the 'i' that you linked.

BTW the official link without the 'i' works for me anyway. (http://download.gigabyte.eu/FileList/BIOS/mb_bios_x570-aorus-pro_f4.zip)

Associate
I got some news! I removed my Samsung 970 EVO PLUS SSD and bios freeze is gone! I was also able to enable XMP then put back the SSD and it's still enabled... WTF!?
One other strange thing I noticed the PCH_FAN on the bios home was working at some point but now is N/A :)

Even it worked initially mouse freeze happens again with SSD inside... It's so buggy I can't even tell what exactly is going on :confused:

I wonder where this is all going to end? BIOS update is needed to fix these issues!
FlxqjgW.jpg
dk1bYaf.png

I am having random USB freeze/disconnect/reconnects with F4 bios. (This is not happening in bios, it’s happening while I’m gaming)
Has this been solved with new beta bios?..

Associate
I upgraded to F4 on my x570 pro over the weekend and don't seem to have any issues with it. It also got rid of the WHEA-Logger errors from my GPU finally too.

Associate
Ok I've just done a bit more fiddling. I noticed when doing anything in the BIOS, including just going into it and restarting caused an insanely long boot time(timed with a stopwatch at around 1 minute 30, to Windows login screen from a 970 NVME SSD) it gave the impression my PC is failing to POST a couple of times

The motherboard manual says "For optimum performance, when enabling Dual Channel mode with two memory modules, we recommend that you install them in the DDR4_A2 and DDR4_B2 sockets." so I tried the other 2 sockets as a test and it's doing the same thing - i.e. not saving the setting and giving the Bios has been reset message when entering it.

What has fixed the issue is to not enable XMP under the simple mode and instead enable XMP Profile 1 in the advanced mode. My PC now boots into Windows reasonably fast and running "wmic memorychip get speed" from a command prompt now reports 3200 as opposed to 2400. I've then put the RAM back in the recommended slots and it's retaining the XMP setting and not giving me the Bios has been reset message. What is strange is how I had horrible boot times even just entering the BIOS to check settings and exiting without saving, since changing to XMP Profile 1 in Advanced mode this issue is cleared.

Unless for some reason you aren't allowed to change XMP settings under simple mode I suspect Gigabyte needs to look at fixing this.

For reference my RAM is an 8Pack 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C14 3200MHz Dual Channel Kit

Hopefully this helps anyone else who also experiences this issue.

Hello
The same thing happened to me with a Gigabyte B450 Aorus M board
By enabling profile 1 on the xmp to have the RAM at 3200Mhz the bios was restarted and lost its configuration even by restoring a previous bios through the backup bios of this board.

I followed the instructions in the manual to install the RAM but the manual is contradicted in two parts when enabling the dual channel.

Read the manual of your X570 board at the end of page 11 and starting page 12 for you to compare and test.

I see that you possibly solved it by updating the bios but it is worth checking the dual channel.

Associate
I am having random USB freeze/disconnect/reconnects with F4 bios. (This is not happening in bios, it’s happening while I’m gaming)
Has this been solved with new beta bios?..

Edit: Razer Kraken Headphones USB Conflict, changing the port fixed the problem.

Rab

Rab

Associate
set mine up today with a 3600, 16gb ram and 970 m2
install latest bios 1st, installed win 10, all good.
then this has happened so many times now when restart pc, goes through loop, close>restart>loops another restart>windows. any ideas ?

1min 30-50secs for start, anything to make this work quicker? old 6 yrs rig rips it to shreds in boot up time :(
and any other tips ? :) :)

Rab

Rab

Associate
well. took dogs out a walk, came back,screen had froze.
board just refuse's to power up now, cleared cmos, removed battery, tried different psu, all nothing. (board has auto bios, without need for anything but psu & chip) even with those bare bones board, still nothing.
sending back me think :(

Associate
I flashed my Aorus Elite from F4j to F4 and it would boot, but hang at the Windows UEFI screen with the dots going round in a circle. I reflashed to F3, as I couldn't find F4j, and it worked fine. I tried F4 a second time, but had the same problem, so I'm back on F3. I haven't tried resetting any or my memory timings yet, as I want the damn thing to boot into Windows first.

Soldato
Might not be best thread to ask but has anyone tried latest BIOS with the Master? Any improvements / issues?

I'm on F5L but I see now there is only the F5 and a newer F6. Will try that when I get back from holiday. They seem to be steadily improving but holding off on doing much time tweaking until we get to a more or less final BIOS version.

Associate
I'm on F5L but I see now there is only the F5 and a newer F6. Will try that when I get back from holiday. They seem to be steadily improving but holding off on doing much time tweaking until we get to a more or less final BIOS version.
Where did you got this F6 from?
Funny thing is we got two sites for the same product
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/X570-AORUS-PRO-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios
https://www.aorus.com/X570-AORUS-PRO-rev-10#pd_download

Where the aorus.com is even missing the F5, what's the point of having them both?!

Soldato
Associate
I'm having the same problem with my Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite. The problem may even be worse. I tried tightening my timings on my G.skill 3200 CL15, but crashed a few times, so I thought going back to XMP and later redoing my timings. I set the XMP and the bios reset, I tried increasing voltage up to 1.41, but still no luck, bios resets every time. Then I tried to do ANY change to the bios and it still resets every single time. I tried clearing CMOS and changing the battery, still the same results.

Any ideas?

TL;DR I can't change anything in my BIOS without it resetting.

Back
Top Bottom