Hi !

I'm having the same issue with this setup :
Gigabyte Aorus Utra X570
AMD Ryzen 3700X
Crucial P1 on M.2
2 * TridentZ 3200 MHz CL14
BIOS updated to abba 1.0.0.4

Any advices? It's very annoying...

I have the same problem with a 3700x and X570 Elite, I'm begining to wonder if they'll ever fix it.

Associate
Happens now and then on my elite, F10 Final was released on 21/11, just installed, even quicker boot now than F10a. Don't know if solves resets yet, not used long enough.

Last edited:
Associate
I saw a post over on reddit regarding bios resets - no idea if it is BS.

Some random bloke on reddit said:
The problem is the bios reset after you shutdown and unplug your PSU from the outlet. first update your bios (mine is F7P) after this disable auto bios switch by setting it to 2 ( it's near power button on the board, check manual). Now you have to check both bioses can post( for some reason mine can't post with main bios, flashing bios fix it). After this you have to operate in manual bios selection mode otherwise the bios well keep resetting. If anyone is on older bios please try the fix without new bios just to let us know if it indeed auto bios switch related. TL;DR use manual bios mode

Seems somewhat plausible if the BIOS is switching - problem is on anything under a Master you don't have a manual BIOS switch, so unless there is a software way to force it to boot to a particular BIOS chip, it could be difficult.
If not tried already, it might be worth using the BIOS flash software to flash the backup BIOS to the same version as the primary and copy over all the settings so they are essentially mirrored. See if that mitigates the issue.

No idea why they would shave the 0.01p off the cost by removing a dip switch. But never mind.

Associate
Hey,
I just put my first pc rig together and i am in tears almost i tried most things u guys mentioned, but still i got no boot screen. I have got the x570 pro with 3700x corsair ven 2x8gb ram 3200mhz. 5700xt an m.2 in use westernd and a hdd. Bequite fully modular 650w psu.
I have switched rams all over, tried to boot with only 1 ram nothing.. btw i have a tv as monitor. Cmos battery taken out waited patiently nothing.. and it does the fan full speed then stops and do full speed again. i wonder could be both ram died or the bios needs update? Or smth else what i cant see?

Last edited:
Soldato
Hey,
I just put my first pc rig together and i am in tears almost i tried most things u guys mentioned, but still i got no boot screen. I have got the x570 pro with 3700x corsair ven 2x8gb ram 3200mhz. 5700xt an m.2 in use westernd and a hdd. Bequite fully modular 650w psu.
I have switched rams all over, tried to boot with only 1 ram nothing.. btw i have a tv as monitor. Cmos battery taken out waited patiently nothing.. and it does the fan full speed then stops and do full speed again. i wonder could be both ram died or the bios needs update? Or smth else what i cant see?

Start here: https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/general-troubleshooting.18281472/

There's all sorts of things it could be and nothing specific to the motherboard, that guide will help you at least rule out a good few things. If you are still stuck, create a thread in that forum for help as more people will see it there than buried in here.

Associate
I have the same problem.
bios randomly resets
I cannot test it but I think the problem is the combination of ErP with multi rail PSU. It is the only think that comes in my mind.

x570 aorus pro
ryzen 3700x
corsair 3600mhz

Soldato
x570 Aorus Pro
Ryzen 3900X
2x 16GB G.Skill F4-3200C14-16GTZ
BIOS F10 (and previous BIOS versions)
I was getting BIOS resets 2-3 times every few days if I switched off the PC. I had a profile saved on USB to load my settings each time it happened. I had 2x Team Group 8GB 8Pack Edition DDR 4000 RAM and I had no such issues. So I assume it is a RAM problem.

I turned on (enabled) ERP in the BIOS a few days ago and no resets since. Fingers crossed.

I also have fast boot disabled
CSM off

Caporegime
Hate to say it but its typical with gigabyte,they seem to rush release a board then release a ton of bios's and or beta bios's to fix and iron out issues

Just makesure your on latest bios,bios resetting or cold/cycling boots are usually memory related,the board seems to boot cycle till it finds stable memory settings then boots into Windows ect

Soldato
I replaced my OCZ ZX 1250w with a new Seasonic thinking that could be the problem and it still remains (the ZX 1250w had horrible coil whine so I don't mind the change one bit..)

My X570 Elite board now does one of three things.. (with my PSU left switched on 24/7)

* You press the power button, and you get a Black screen.. the fans inside the case spin in a certain way that you seem to remember, the PC will go no further.. you can sit here for 5 mins and not boot or get a reset, so you power it off.
* You press the power button again and the monitor comes on and we boot up!

The 3rd scenario..

* You press the power button, and you get a black screen BUT you hear the fans inside the case ramp up, ramp down *quiet reset sound* , ramp up, ramp down *quiet reset sound* it does this once again then the screen comes on and the BIOS tells you that it has been reset.

I'm actually beginning to HATE this board, it's fine once I'm in Windows but this booting issue really grinds my gears.

Associate
This appears to be a problem across all manufactures. My first MSI Meg ACE (x570) would reset the bios after every shutdown. RMA it and got a second Meg ACE which was DOA. I now have a Aorus Master with no problems so far but it is interesting (and unfortunate) that this is happening with other manufactures.

Associate
Sorry if off topic slightly but I seem to have a problem where as the bios is now completely skipped during post.
No beep, no logo screen, just straight into windows. Spamming Del has no effect.
I only have fast boot in bios enabled.

I can get into bios only by advanced options in windows and recovery, uefi firmware boot option.

any reason why this is now happening, can’t really pin down anything that I’ve changed to make it do this.

(X570 Aorus Pro)

Associate
I am going to add to the mix, I am also having this issue. 3700x x570 arous Elite. 5700xt m.2 adata ssd. Boots up fine some times then most of the time its lights on and black screen. Updates BIOS same issue. Comes up once and while that the bios has been reset.
Rather a nightmare lol. I am wondering to swap this for an ASUS board at this rate.

Switched to gen3 PCIE as well to see if that was the issue. But it does not seem to be that either.

Soldato
I am going to add to the mix, I am also having this issue. 3700x x570 arous Elite. 5700xt m.2 adata ssd. Boots up fine some times then most of the time its lights on and black screen. Updates BIOS same issue. Comes up once and while that the bios has been reset.
Rather a nightmare lol. I am wondering to swap this for an ASUS board at this rate.

Switched to gen3 PCIE as well to see if that was the issue. But it does not seem to be that either.

Sounds like the problem I had, my supplier swapped the board out and took the old one away, fixed the issue for me!

Try the new BIOS that has been released today and see if it fixes the issue for you.

Back
Top Bottom