****Gigabyte X79-UP4 Review****

Soldato
I've had many slightly bent boards, all screwed in fine. Admittedly that is an extreme example, but I suspect it worked fine. I'm also guessing the photo makes it looks worst than it is.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Why dont they use all sata 3 ports these days whats the reason ?

rjk say cos it will cost more price on the board but I think it bit silly for manufacturers to charge more for extra Sata 3 ports

cost????

how is that not blindingly obvious.

of course sata3 will cost more, it entirely depends on the controller.

a marvel sata controller is much much cheaper to implement than having the sata3 controlled by intel off the chipset.

i would have thought that would be common sense.

Soldato
take it back under dsr if it was bend out of the box

Why bother, if it works it works, slight bend it it won't matter. He did also state it was sometime ago, so guessing th DSR window has closed!

Then how the person be able to screw in the case if it was badly bend ? If it was me, I will sent it back, no doubt!

I've had many slightly bent boards, all screwed in fine. Admittedly that is an extreme example, but I suspect it worked fine. I'm also guessing the photo makes it looks worst than it is.

I've sent it back straight away, wasn't slightly.

actually the photo was making it looks less bent :p

Soldato
You're famous on facebook stulid! Gigabyte have posted your review on their FB page. Great review btw, that's a beast of a board.

Soldato
Oh looky

http://www.vortez.net/articles_pages/best_of_2012_results_and_awards,1.html

An award for this monster of a board :) well done Gigabyte !

19824_bestof2012-mobos.png

Soldato
To the reviewer, what's the fan control like on this board? Is it possible to set profiles separately for CPU and system fans?

Edit; also, why is it so cheap? It can't be just the lack of SATAIII ports?

Back
Top Bottom