Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 7 Owners Thread.

Don
Ok sorted the USB issue, it would seem when updating to the latest bios the thunderbolt firmware needs to be updated.

So install thunderbolt driver. (MUST BE DONE FIRST)

Install and run firmware update utility.

When the update is finished shut down the pc and remove the power cable for at least 40 seconds. (This is how long it took for the power button light on my motherboard to turn off)

Plug power back in.

Then restart pc.

USB issue resolved. :)

Since this was back in July, the Thunderbolt firmware has been updated again.

http://uk.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-Z170X-Gaming-7-EU-rev-10#support-dl

Thunderbolt FW Update Tool
(Note)
  1. Firmware 21+ TI 1.7.6
  2. Support Intel GA-Z170X-Gaming 7, GA-Z170X-Gaming 7-EU, GA-Z170X-Gaming GT
  3. Must update the latest BIOS version.
  4. Please install Thunderbolt Driver first before install this utility.
  5. Please follow the steps instructed after executing Thunderbolt FW Update Tool, remove the system power cord for at least 30 seconds after FW update. Thunderbolt function will be available after system powers on.
B17.0823.1
81.74 MB
2017/08/23

http://download.gigabyte.eu/FileList/Utility/mb_utility_thunderbolt-fw.zip

Associate
Hey Guys,

So im going to do a re-install of windows over the next few days, I have this motherboard and just wanted to know what Drivers Etc i need from the Gigabyte website, there is just so many
Just looking for the ones i need to have for now

Thanks all

Associate
I just recently built my first pc. I have a used z170x gaming 7, i7 6700k, and 4x8gb trident z ddr4-3200. New parts are cooler master ml240l aio, 4 case fans, 250gb samsung ssd, 2tb barracuda hdd, deepcool matrexx 55 case, seasonic focus + 850.
Gpu is currently a borrowed evga gtx 960 ssc 2gb till i can get my msi rtx 2060 gaming z.

I let the gigabyte easy oc do 4.5ghz, problem i have though is it shuts down after 5 min on aida 64. I also cannot turn on xmp but can manually set ram at 3k 3200 wont boot.

Temps are soso i think. 27ish at idle but aida sent it to a max of 97, with some cpu throttling. Seems to get warm if i let it sit idle also.

My system also locks up if i leave it set idle very long.

I need help, with screenshots, seeing as how im a total noob. Im old too so bear with me :D.

Id love to get it running great no failures on a 4.5 to 4.6 oc.
I really think most of my problem is in voltages and ram settings.

Thank you in advance
Chad

Associate
I still cant turn on xmp profile. The only stress test i currently have is aida64. If i use 4.5ghz cpu and 2800 on ram without xmp it runs the stress test. Temps are cpu avg about 70-75 but cpu core #2 bounces from 60s to 90s. I did buy this mb cpu combo used and dont know how hard it was ran, and may have not been a really strong one out the gate. Not being able to turn on xmp or turn up the ram is concerning though. The ram was used also and not a factory 4 peice set. It was 2 matching 2x8gb sets and i did put one set in black one set in red slots.

Back
Top Bottom