Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 7 Owners Thread.

Caporegime
OP
Anyone connected a Corsair H115i or similar to this motherboard?

The fans are on full belt and using the corsair link software they aren't detected. Of the 2 usb headers near the red off button i've used the top white one for the single black wire connector. The one below that for the 4 wire connector. I think that's right. In bios the cpu temp is good however all fans settings show zero. How do i know it the pump is running correctly? I dont feel happy not knowing if its working correctly.

any help much appreciated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm-tDRezd5s

Have you installed it like this at the 5min mark?

If so and Corsair link isnt recognising anything try unplugging and quickly replugging the sata power cable while the corsair H115i is running, you might find it then says something like new hardware detected and asks for a reboot, then when youve done that the fans etc appear in LINK.

Caporegime
OP
Caporegime
OP
Keyboard+mouse coming after the system boots is either an install problem (so I would reinstall windows+drivers) or try other USB ports (again if the ports they are connected to need drivers which are loading after)

Caporegime
OP
Quick question for you guys.

I have have just bought this board as part of doing a brand new build. Reading what I can see regarding bios versions I'm assuming that the best thing for me to do prior to installing windows 10 is update the bios to the latest version (F21), install windows 10 then install gigabyte software plus new drivers to prevent encountering any issues.

Is there anything else that I have missed or should take note at.

I would do the BIOS update, install windows, do chipset, GFX+sound drivers, windows update and only install the gigabyte software you know you will use, dont click yes to it all.

Caporegime
OP
Quick question for you guys.

I have have just bought this board as part of doing a brand new build. Reading what I can see regarding bios versions I'm assuming that the best thing for me to do prior to installing windows 10 is update the bios to the latest version (F21), install windows 10 then install gigabyte software plus new drivers to prevent encountering any issues.

Is there anything else that I have missed or should take note at.

I would do the BIOS update, install windows, do chipset, GFX+sound drivers, windows update and only install the gigabyte software you know you will use, dont click yes to it all.

Caporegime
OP
I just updated to the F22 bios, and haven't updated since F7. I now have the vcore fix from F21, but my memory went back to default instead of the XMP profile. I was wondering if it might cause any problems to re-enable the XMP profile with the new vcore settings. I haven't done any over-clocking, so it remains at the boosted 4.2 as usual.

Enabling XMP isn't going to mess with vcore.

Back
Top Bottom