Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 7 Owners Thread.

Caporegime
OP
You need to have the app center installed to use any of the others.

I used SIV sometimes to check the temps etc, And Easytune for windows based overclocking as per the video in the opening post.

Thats about it, I think I used the ambient LED app once to change the colour of the LED but you can do that in BIOS.

Oh and you might find ON/OFF charge useful.

Caporegime
OP
Phanteks case usually have a simple fan control board on the back that takes power from PSU and sends it to the case fans, then there is a cable from it that you attach to say a system fan header for control/rpm sensing.

Caporegime
OP
There is CPU OPT.

I have a Phnatkes case and the fan controller board isnt the greatest ever.

In fact, what i have done before is pull all the cables from it and stick them all to the motherboard fan headers and used the SIV calibration to control them.

Then you have quiet, standard, performance modes to pick from.

Caporegime
OP
The plastic does not extend beyond the I/O plate itself,

IMG_20160724_210621938_zps4lywjlmo.jpg~original

Thats almost straight on with me holding the plate roughly in place, no plastic is visible top or sides.

Caporegime
OP
I kinda knew it was the cooler as Ive seen the same with my H110i GT.

Its thrown that error up once or twice.

But ive RMA'd my AIO as the temps were not holding stable and even at idle they were nearly 20C higher than it should be and thats with the pump and fans on Performance settings.

Try gaming etc and it couldnt keep it under control and the fluid temp would just slowly rise and rise.

But according to LINK and SIV the pump is spinning and the fans visibly are.

I do not know if the two issues are related.

So my next advice would be to open realtempGT or something and just watch the temperatures while idle/in use and see if they are where you would expect them to be.

Caporegime
OP
Considering you are using a 120mm AIO I suppose thats ok plus as you mention its been a bit warmer lately.

70c is nothing to worry about especially using XTU which will stress the cpu more than other everyday task will.

I pulled the keyboard from the 3.1 USB port it was in and so far 48 hours and no sign of the error. Been testing with other devices.

Think it's sorted !

Ive been using a Ducky all the time.

Caporegime
OP
I set to Full speed in the BIOS, if you use SIV then its going to calibrate the fans on start up first time.

So you then need to go the CPU fan control in SIV and select fixed rpm and push it towards the max setting, then click apply.

I did that just in case SIV tried to override the BIOS full speed option some how.

Caporegime
OP
Sorry to be a dufus but this thread is as good a place as any.

I'm possibly looking to upgrade soon and have always had Gigabyte motherboards but their current range of Z170 boards leaves me baffled.

Can anyone summarise (or point to somewhere which does) the differences between the various boards? Part of me says to just get something high-end and bonkers like this one but am I just wasting money unnecessarily?

Maybe list everything you need?

Size of board
SLI or Crossfire
RGB colour etc
Number of SATA+USB, m.2 or u.2 etc.
Good onboard sound or average
Budget (what you would prefer to spend rather than just spend for the sake of it)

Caporegime
OP
Going to hijack the question as I'm in the same boat.

For me its:

Size of board - ATX
SLI or Crossfire - Neither, but I have an AMD card so Crossfire just in case
RGB colour etc - Don't care about RGB lighting
Number of SATA+USB, m.2 or u.2 etc. - Wouldn't mind at least one 3.1 USB, otherwise 5/6 USB 3.0? Don't need tons of Sata ports. I imagine I'll go PCI-E storage next time round
Good onboard sound or average - Average, I have a dedicated sound card
Budget - Not more than I have to. Would like to get a reasonable O/C out of it.

Maybe this,

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/giga...cket-1151-ddr4-atx-motherboard-mb-530-gi.html

If your after a 6600K its also in a bundle - https://www.overclockers.co.uk/giga...-6600k-bundle-20-pounds-saving-bu-021-gi.html

Caporegime
OP
Sure :)

Size of board Standard (Micro-ATX?)
SLI or Crossfire Not required
RGB colour etc Not fussed
Number of SATA+USB, m.2 or u.2 etc. Only need a few SATA/USB, nothing out of the ordinary. Do want ideally a couple of m.2 slots for fast SSDs
Good onboard sound or average Currently using a SB X-Fi but ideally want to replace with onboard sound. Needs to be decent for gaming etc but not audiophile quality
Budget (what you would prefer to spend rather than just spend for the sake of it) £100-£150 ish

Sounds like you want a Gaming K3, a board ATX in size (which I think is standard rather than mATX) and will run a single card only (it does support crossfire but at 16X/4X rather than 8X/8X) a single m.2 and some SATA and USB.

Back
Top Bottom