• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gigabyte Z77-D3H Owners, Which Graphic cards you have?

Soldato
May it also help if those that have successfully gotten the GPU to run in the x16 slot share some screens from their BIOS? Just to check its not some sneaky Lucid option screwing things up?

Soldato
Step 1: plug your Graphics card into the Bottom PCI slot (Next to the text saying all Japanese capacitors. (the slow slot)

Step 2: plug your monitor into the graphics card.

the MSI 7950 wont run in the X16 (Top slot) of the motherboard.

Tried that mate the MSI won't boot in either PCI Express slots.

I have cleared the CMOS a number of times now, but still nothing. The MSI spins up but refuses to display anything in either the 16x or 4x lane.

Soldato
wow, now USB devices disable upon entering windows but work fine in the BIOS. This is by far the worst piece of hardware I have ever purchased, for anyone reading this thread and considering purchasing it, DO NOT BUY IT.

Soldato
Could this be a power supply problem?

The sig in my spec was running fine on my Hiper Type M 530.

But swapping the motherboard to a D3H and the CPU to a i5 3570k, could that be causing too much strain on the PSU? Maybe that is why it froze earlier when I managed to get the 7950 to boot?

Associate
Gigabyte Z77X-D3h

No it isn't your PSU. It's either a bad batch of these motherboards or the motherboard is bad in general. I have looked all over internet and people are saying that there's problems with PCI-e lanes communicating with each other or something crazy like that, and that a replacement board has fixed the issue for them.

I am having the same problem as the OP and probably the rest of the 60% of people with decent cards and this board.

I am running Asus 560 Ti, didn't try it in the x4 slot because my card doesn't fit in there (PSU blocking it, and the case just isn't designed for it). I wouldn't want to either though, this board should work as advertised.

I've tried everything in the BIOS - PEG setting doesn't save either (as someone mentioned in this thread).

Already submitted for an RMA replacement, if that doesn't fix it then I'm getting rid of this. Graphics card was working great on the old platform (M5A97 PRO). This is also an unsuccessful switch from AMD to Intel.

Rest of the system:
i5 2500K
Coolermaster GX650w
Corsair Force GT 120g
Seagate Barracuda 2TB
Bios - F15

I am well within the limits of my PSU. I even tried powering the card with 6pin to molex connectors to see if my 6pin's might be damaged, still nothing.
To a big surprise though, I plugged in a X1550 to see if it worked and it did. I don't know why, but as a strong fact I know that there is nothing wrong with my 560 Ti.

They shouldn't of used Gen3 if it's causing such problems, who even needs it anyways.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Hi
Send me your Email ID number (I assume you used our GGTS system to submit the ticket) through trust then I will ask our FAE to answer you asap
Email ID: 1257960
Any help would be greatly appreciated. like I've said before. i love the motherboard. it's bios is simply fantastic, it does the job is is near perfect minus the GPU issue i'm having.

Could this be a power supply problem?

The sig in my spec was running fine on my Hiper Type M 530.

But swapping the motherboard to a D3H and the CPU to a i5 3570k, could that be causing too much strain on the PSU? Maybe that is why it froze earlier when I managed to get the 7950 to boot?

Do you mean "It turns on, then goes off, then comes back on" after you turn the computer on?
I've tested this on my 650w and 800w PSU, the motherboard does the same, fan lights ect go off, then flash back on moments later to post. if you get close enough inside your tower. you will notice the PSU is still at full power so it's not restarting. it seems to be a quirky way to turn on to me lol.

Associate
ive been having that too, started another thread, didnt realise about this one, sent an email last night, got a reply first thing this morning, sending the mobo off this afternoon, hoping to get it return before the weekend.

Must say i am rather impress with the service thus far

Associate
I'm thinking of actually returning this motherboard for a refund now rather than RMA. It might just be the buggy BIOS and my 560 Ti won't end up working after the motherboard had been "serviced".

I wish motherboard manufacturers would actually add features after they're fail-proof. I'm pretty sure the unnecessary Gen3 crap is causing all this.
Very annoyed by this, definitely added up big time to an already terrible week/month.
The more annoying thing is that Gigabyte is ignoring this and seeing it as a fault within other components rather than their pathetic Z77 mobos.

Don
I'm thinking of actually returning this motherboard for a refund now rather than RMA. It might just be the buggy BIOS and my 560 Ti won't end up working after the motherboard had been "serviced".

I wish motherboard manufacturers would actually add features after they're fail-proof. I'm pretty sure the unnecessary Gen3 crap is causing all this.
Very annoyed by this, definitely added up big time to an already terrible week/month.
The more annoying thing is that Gigabyte is ignoring this and seeing it as a fault within other components rather than their pathetic Z77 mobos.

Odd how a lot of people have no bother at all isnt it, including myself.
I take it setting it to Gen2 make's no difference in the bios?

Associate
Odd how a lot of people have no bother at all isnt it, including myself.
I take it setting it to Gen2 make's no difference in the bios?
Do you have Z77X-D3H, and which GPU, CPU?

A lot of people do have this issue, a bad batch? I don't know, but I only have the motherboard to blame. Please understand my frustration, I haven't used my PC properly for over a month :( It is also now giving me some SATA issues, I can't run my SSD and HDD together, only SSD works - though still has some odd performance issues.

I tried setting it to Gen1/2/3, tried disabling iGPU, setting it to PEG. I've tried everything I could find relevant or already suggested, except trying the graphics card in the X4 slot. I might take the motherboard out of the case and try it that way, see if it works.

Either way I really like this motherboard and still have hope in a replacement, but I'm so frustrated and unsure of whether I should waste my time further. I just want to use my PC without problems, no headaches etc.

Don
Do you have Z77X-D3H, and which GPU, CPU?

A lot of people do have this issue, a bad batch? I don't know, but I only have the motherboard to blame. Please understand my frustration, I haven't used my PC properly for over a month :( It is also now giving me some SATA issues, I can't run my SSD and HDD together, only SSD works - though still has some odd performance issues.

I tried setting it to Gen1/2/3, tried disabling iGPU, setting it to PEG. I've tried everything I could find relevant or already suggested, except trying the graphics card in the X4 slot. I might take the motherboard out of the case and try it that way, see if it works.

Either way I really like this motherboard and still have hope in a replacement, but I'm so frustrated and unsure of whether I should waste my time further. I just want to use my PC without problems, no headaches etc.

I understand the frustration mate, I have a 680 and a i5 3570

Back
Top Bottom