Glastonbury 2024

Caporegime
Anyone actually going? It's my 15th one this year.

I saw somebody in the last thread commenting on drinks prices, but it's the only big UK festival I know of, that lets you take your own alcohol in and doesn't separate the camp sites from the festival site.

Caporegime
Not been for 11 years now (back when tickets were around £210), was epic every time I went. Just don't know if I could handle the mass standard camping and mud/**** these days.

15 - that's impressive! I might try a glamping version in the future with the wife.

Caporegime
OP
Not been for 11 years now (back when tickets were around £210), was epic every time I went. Just don't know if I could handle the mass standard camping and mud/**** these days.

15 - that's impressive! I might try a glamping version in the future with the wife.
Yeah, been to them all since 2004, except 2016 and that was intentional, and it turned out to be a complete mud-fest so dodged a bullet.

2005 and 2007 were bad though.

Last year we took a Quecha fresh and black inflatable and it was lush compared to previous tents, nice and dark in the morning and stays cooler

Weighs 14kg so but I use a trolley anyway.

I haz 4090!
Don
Not going but I’ll be glued to the BBC coverage for most of the weekend. I so need to get there one year - I think it’s the last festival that someone of my age can still go to and not feel like everyone’s dad.

Caporegime
OP
Not going but I’ll be glued to the BBC coverage for most of the weekend. I so need to get there one year - I think it’s the last festival that someone of my age can still go to and not feel like everyone’s dad.
Oh yeah, the age range of ticket holders is huge. I don't feel too old for it at 42.

Whereas when I went to Creamfields in 2023 we were top 5% oldest there.

Caporegime
OP
We're leaving at 5 a.m. Wednesday and expecting to arrive about 9:30 a.m. (185 miles)

Weather is looking good, a bit hot on Wednesday when you have to lug everything in, but good festival weather on the whole.

I've been there when it's been 32°C and when it's been a washout and both aren't nice.

I once tried to get Glasto tickets in 2004. Not a sniff of a ticket as the phone lines were permanently on hold and the web site timed out. Apparently sold out in record time in that year and has been selling out even quicker year-on-year ever since. So never tried since as it's a lost cause.

BBC said:
The biggest act on Glastonbury’s Pyramid Stage this year isn’t Coldplay or Dua Lipa. In fact, you might not even have heard of them.

I certainly haven't heard of them.

Oh yeah, the age range of ticket holders is huge. I don't feel too old for it at 42.

Whereas when I went to Creamfields in 2023 we were top 5% oldest there.

Interesting about age and Cream. I went to Cream in Coventry Kasbah nightclub in June 2023 and I never felt out of place age 44. In fact, I had the best night out ever! On the flipside though, I went to Cream in Liverpool (where it originated) at the Blackstone Warehouse in February 2024 and everyone there were practically children, barely age 18. We had to leave early as we felt out of place.

Soldato
I did about 10 years straight from 1993. I've not been back since. Last time I went I bought a ticket outside. Once I bought a VIP ticket (bar that the bands go in under the Pyramid, a straight walk from the Pyramid to the other stage through the VIP campsite and actual plumbed in porcelain!) for less than face value, I think of even a standard ticket off an internet forum. I cba with the prices and the faff getting tickets nowadays. There are other festivals that are nowhere near the bother.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I've never been but I usually check out the streams. This is the worst lineup I've ever seen I think, only 3/4 artists I'd like to see. I know Glastonbury is more than just the lineup but it's still abysmal imo.

Associate
The line-up this year is abysmal - Dua Lipa? and Sza?

Jesus Christ, two completely anonymous nothings cut from the "Solo female artist" meta that dominates the truly dire state of popular music these days. I wouldn't give you ten bob to see them, the lineup taken as a whole is absolutely dismal.

I think next year is a fallow one IIRC and Glastonbury looks like it needs it to me. I thought last year was poor as well.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
I think Dua Lipa is pretty good to be honest, though I won't be going to watch her.

Plenty of decent bands on, if you ignore most of the main stage headliners.

Soldato
Used to go every year and 2014 was my last one.

Doubt I'll bother again now, not quite the festival it used to be is it?

Shame but I understand why.

Associate
Used to go every year and 2014 was my last one.

Doubt I'll bother again now, not quite the festival it used to be is it?

Shame but I understand why.

They took the money and ruined it, it was once an "alternative" event, now it's just another corpo theme park.

Back
Top Bottom