Glastonbury 2024

Soldato
Thought Coldplay were good, ok they are becoming pretty much a resident band at this point but they still know how to put of a decent show.
Big fan of James but they really should have played some of there better hits, a festival is not really the best place for new songs and tbh the newer songs are lacking since La Petite Mort.
hopefully Ocean Colour Scene will come to iplayer but looking doubtful....

Theres a good selection of bands but gotta agree with the masses with the lack luster line up, this is probably one of the first years ive not found someone new to listen to.

Soldato
They are an acquired taste for sure.

I'm not a fan but I enjoyed their previous Glasto appearance and last album, UK Grim. This year's set felt relatively flat.
I’ve enjoyed their recorded output but I had to leave when I saw them at a festival earlier this year because the second hand embarrassment from their performance was overwhelming. Some people love them though.

Suspended
OP
hopefully Ocean Colour Scene will come to iplayer but looking doubtful....

Theres a good selection of bands but gotta agree with the masses with the lack luster line up, this is probably one of the first years ive not found someone new to listen to.
BBC only have cameras on 5 stages:

Pyramid
Other
Park
West Holts
Woodies

OCS were on the acoustic stage where there are no cameras.

Last edited:
Soldato
they had no microphones on other stages, like in previous years, to put material the out on bbc sounds
eg. https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p07dcsff
would be intereseting to know how much bbc reduced funding - I don't suppose netflix or any streamers would have capability/desire to finance it

I re-watched The Who 50th Hyde par concert last night - magnificent in comparison. (is anyone recording/broadcasting swift concerts, too )

Back
Top Bottom