Glastonbury...

Man of Honour
I'm looking at the main stage at the moment (you know, the one Metallica played) and that one certainly isn't. Do you think all those other acts shouldn't have played?

I was being tongue in cheek but obviously the main stage is not dancey. There are dozens of venues and overall the bias is pretty dancey. People look at BBC listings and assume that's all there is.

Soldato
I don't really understand why metallica were chosen. Totally out of kilter. It's mostly a massive rave.

They were without a doubt the highlight of glasto this year, so maybe it was a good thing that the bosses mixed it up a bit?

Everyone in the crowd was loving it.

Man of Honour
Yes there are quite a few 'dancey' venues but I certainly wouldn't say Glasto has a dance bias, in my experience (2010/11) it was fairly well balanced with something for most people. I was actually really surprised that there was so much questioning of whether Metallica were suitable, as while they are a metal rather than rock band, they are also one of the most mainstream metal bands and most people who enjoy rock can probably find themselves liking a few of their tracks (for example, I am not a Metallica fan, but I love Fade to Black).

Metallica was certainly no more of a 'leftfield' (no pun intended) choice than say a hip-hop act like Jay-Z headlining.

Man of Honour
Takes all sorts. The rolling stones was the low light for me the year before (thankfully I left and saw a secret skrillex set). I didn't even watch Metallica as metal just isn't my bag.

Back
Top Bottom