Gloomhaven

Soldato
Is Grail or whatever it's called? It does seem so strange they are responding so slowly to the demand, you can almost guarantee the next wave will shift stupidly fast and the same issues will be repeated. Not seen a company so determined to not make money :p
Yep tainted grail! Looks really good! I've just backed it, but I'll grab gloomhaven as soon as its at a non stupid price as well though (if its ever available!) :D

Soldato
Seems crazy to have such a limited supply when there is obviously demand, the market is becoming flooded with similar games as well including the promising one on Kickstarter.

Gloomhaven has the word of mouth. And it's produced in limited supply so that it can be produced to a tighter margin. If you have pre-orders for 5000 copies and order 10000, you need to front the cash for the 5000 you aren't selling straight away even if you know they'll sell. That money has to come from the pre-order costs. Isaac Childres has been running Cephalofair Games as close as possible to zero profit beyond his salary, which is laudable but means the cash isn't there for stocking in advance.

Soldato
Gloomhaven has the word of mouth. And it's produced in limited supply so that it can be produced to a tighter margin. If you have pre-orders for 5000 copies and order 10000, you need to front the cash for the 5000 you aren't selling straight away even if you know they'll sell. That money has to come from the pre-order costs. Isaac Childres has been running Cephalofair Games as close as possible to zero profit beyond his salary, which is laudable but means the cash isn't there for stocking in advance.
It's a shame because people are missing out on it, the board game market is extremely strong at the moment with loads of amazing games to try out. Wouldn't want it to miss out on fans and followers from a lack of availability!

Associate
Is there any truth in the 05/01 being the release of the new edition?

Got £250 of Amazon vouchers so would rather wait until it's released and a reasonable price on there than pay £130 or whatever from my pocket.

My pre order is now Feb - i preordered from Meeples Corner.

One dayyyyyy

Soldato
It is about £140.50 with delivery from FORBIDDEN PLANET.
As of today their order page no longer lists a preorder date, seems to have been bumped to 'unavailable' to I shall await the next date when it appears, no doubt February like the chap up above me.

Where did you buy it from DampCat?

Back
Top Bottom