Gloomhaven

Associate
Spent like 3 hours last night building that Folded Space insert and punching the 2500 boards! Just need to sort all the cards out now.

Associate
I bought Gloomhaven months ago, it's still in the carrier bag I brought it home in lol even though I had the feeling I 'had' to buy it, I've just never had the inclination since I got it :confused: I've read a few things can be issues, like tokens printing not being aligned to where they're being cut, and incorrect character cards. I should really at least open it so I can check if anything's wrong and get it sorted.

Associate
Post-it note-ified the scenario book! I know there is an app... but i prefer physical things.

That said may switch up to the monster tracking app - if the admin gets to much.

Associate
We had our first LAN party this weekend - so sadly had to hold off, but we are starting our GH campaign Friday + the weekend!

Cannneeeee wait.

We have chosen our starting classes (though not opened the boxes yet) Tinkerer, Craghart, Scoundrel & Spellweaver.

Associate
Mine landed yesterday! Any reccomendations on a box insert? I've seen a few, but they all seem to be quite pricey...

I got the Folded space one, cost about £26 - its grand - fits everything in with room to spare. Easy to just have the separate boxes out on the table for what you need.

FYI -

We had our first session on Friday - got wrecked as a group of 4, though we did a few things wrong.

Enemies set to 1 not 0 (ouch big time haha)
Not drawing the enemies attack modifiers correctly (we just drew 1 for each group, not per attack)
Counting the enemies 'skills' before their initiative step (shield / retaliate etc)

All sorted now though, ready to roll again tomorrow!

Associate
I also use the Folded Space insert. :D

We're a few scenarios in - our map - we realised that we kept forgetting the scenario XP at the end :o

52688494_10156806093991287_5994027736635539456_n.jpg

Associate
I got the Folded space one, cost about £26 - its grand - fits everything in with room to spare. Easy to just have the separate boxes out on the table for what you need.

FYI -

We had our first session on Friday - got wrecked as a group of 4, though we did a few things wrong.

Enemies set to 1 not 0 (ouch big time haha)
Not drawing the enemies attack modifiers correctly (we just drew 1 for each group, not per attack)
Counting the enemies 'skills' before their initiative step (shield / retaliate etc)

All sorted now though, ready to roll again tomorrow!

Cheers, i've ordered one of the Foldedspace ones.

Soldato
Started playing this with my 8 year old.
She is really enjoying it.

Just to confirm, you don't get XP for kills?
They drop a loot token which you can pickup by finishing on the square in movement, or using a loot ability?

Associate
Started playing this with my 8 year old.
She is really enjoying it.

Just to confirm, you don't get XP for kills?
They drop a loot token which you can pickup by finishing on the square in movement, or using a loot ability?

Yep, that's right. You get XP at the end of the scenario if it was successful at a rate of 4XP + 2x the scenario level. :)

Soldato
Tried playing with my wife and daughter but it was all a bit too much for them so in the meantime I've decided to try my hand at painting the models. Picked up a Reaper Learn to Paint kit a couple of weeks ago so have a long way to go but quite pleased with how these two turned out, makes them more interesting for sure!

m1zM0UF.jpg

Back
Top Bottom