1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Glorious Model O mouse

Discussion in 'Gaming Peripherals' started by mrmucker, May 19, 2019.

1. Rust In Peace

Gangster

I bought the Ultralight 2 from Finalmouse and I've been eyeing up a Model O- because its slightly longer than the UL2 but damn the weight reduction inthese mice really does make a difference. I hope to sell my G903 and get a G Pro wireless at some point but I fear even at a very light 80g it will feel heavy after using the UL2 and hopefully the Model O-. I plan to get a mouse bungee and a new mouse mat soon too, I on the Mad Catz Glide 38 or maybe one of those Japanese Artisan pads but I like XXL pads.

2. UncleRhino

Associate

I like the O- the most out of all of the mice you mentioned. I used the GPW for a year and did really well with it but the hump at the back just threw me off certain shots so i tried smaller mice. The UL2 is just way too small but the O- is great and i have average size hands.

3. Mickcas

Gangster

model O- just ordered, been getting a little wrist pain over the last few weeks, using a g502 at the moment, but I've small hands so hoping the O- might help being lighter and smaller

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
  4. Rust In Peace

Gangster

I think I'll give the Model O- a go first ad its nice and cheap compared to a lot of other mice so I won't begrudge buying it, I have seen quite a few videos about a company called G-Wolves recently and their mice are going down really well so I could always try one of them too. I'd buy a G Pro Wireless if I could get a good deal on Black Friday though.

5. Jimbo

Soldato

What's the best one to order? Is it the gaming or the odin.

6. Rust In Peace

Gangster

@Jimbo I thought they were the same thing tbh, the only difference I know is the Model O- is much smaller than the original O

7. ninezerofive

Gangster

Do some more research before pulling a trigger. Last I heard is that they way the package them in the box causes bent cables that keep disconnecting. Last I heard is that they are looking into changing the packaging now to avoid this problem.

8. Rust In Peace

Gangster

|Yeah good shout actually I nearly got one the other day from OCUK but I've heard a few different YT guys mention this as well as the constant posts on r/mousereview. They have just started doing their own paracords that you can buy separate but that isn't the answer.

9. GregI

Hitman

The cable packaging isn't a big issue, it's blown way out of proportion. Sure people have had issues with it but mousereview will always have posts from people starving for karma to identify a fault. For 1 person having a cord issue there are 10,000 Mice with 0 problems being shipped.

After using the O- since OcUK stocked it, I see no reason for anyone to get the original Model O unless you have like gigantic hands. I'm talking like 21x12 or something. That 10g difference can be felt and is generally more comfortable for normal sized hands.

10. Eikou

Gangster

Agreed. I've got 20cm/10cm finger tip hybrid grip and the O- was a big step up over the O. The 10g weight difference makes a big difference. And I hit a PB on kovaaks I've been stuck on for months within the day

The next batch of model Os will have a new tighter cable rather then the shoe lace.

They've also released this cable now to buy with replacement feet included for $19.99 and a choice of 8 colours.

If you have an issue with your current cable you can send them an email and after providing video proof they will send you the new cable.

11. Rust In Peace

Gangster

I want to know why OCUK charge £8 delivery for it lol