Goat Simulator

Caporegime
you wont be able to monetize unless you get permission :p he seems a nice guy though but some games don't allow monetization like assetto cars for eg.

Caporegime
They've explicitly allowed monetisation. I can imagine the market being flooded with vids of goats inexplicably firing off into space for the next few weeks

hes just told me on steam that aslong as you give them credit on the videos for the game you are fine to monetize your videos :cool:

Associate
hes just told me on steam that aslong as you give them credit on the videos for the game you are fine to monetize your videos :cool:

I heard exactly the same thing. Only I read the FAQ on the website rather than speaking to someone on my long list of famous game designers :p

Soldato
Just fired it up - it works at 5760x1080 without any major issues so far (the backgrounds to the menu buttons are messed up, but you just click on the word "Options", "Start", etc and that works perfectly). In game, it works fine.

I managed to follow the first two instructions - jump a fence, and jump more than 5m on a trampoline, then I got sidetracked and knocked over a group of people and caused a petrol station to explode. I apparently just got the "Michael Bay" award for that! :)

Currently uploading footage of the first couple of minutes of my gameplay to Youtube, but it's a 1GB file so taking it's sweet time - I'll post a link up in a couple of hours when it's done.

Associate
How are you playing it early? I bought it and redeemed the key on Steam on 11th Feb, but I can't start the game until 1st April.

Update:
Nevermind, I restarted Steam and I'm installing it now :D

Towelliee is playing it on Twitch atm too, http://www.twitch.tv/towelliee

Last edited:
Soldato
Video of the game running in Eyefinity has finally uploaded:
http://youtu.be/1GMwCcOz2sQ

I'm very impressed that it runs perfectly across 3 screens, and the HUD is centralised on the middle screen and completely usable. When you consider the Call of Duty series STILL refuses to work on 3 screens because it's too difficult to do (according to them) that's a very impressive achievement for a little game like this.

P.S. The video looks very jerky, I dropped some settings to minimise the recorded file size, and I think I may have gone too far. The actual gameplay is MUCH smoother.

Back
Top Bottom