• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

God of War

Associate
So its best to turn it off then for Game Pass games?
I would keep it off as standard, then turn it on as and when you need it. I have mine set to full screen only by default because it caused Affinity Photo to feel crazy laggy and non-responsive. Then if I’m playing something in windowed mode I’ll jump into NVCP and enable it.

Soldato
I'm not sure if that applies to my setup :confused:
I'm running a 12700, but the KF variant, so no igpu.

The screen shot above was while running the beta, so it still munched through vram. I'm now on the official patch, but haven't played enough to see its affect. An hour last night, and I'm sure it was up to 9Gb+ before I stopped playing.

I'm sure it will be fixed /patched, or perhaps it knows how much vram is available and just uses what it wants (on my system anyway).

PATCH 3 out ..

Small Update / Patch Notes
Posted
Mon, January 24
Patch v1.0.3 Released
Patch v1.0.3 for God of War is now live.

Please restart Steam to receive the update immediately.

Patch Notes
Fixes
  • Fixed an issue that caused leaks in memory allocation which could result in either decreased performance or a game client crash.

Thank you to everyone who reported the memory leak issue and assisted us greatly by sharing their setup information, we appreciate you taking the extra step!

To view the issues that are currently still under investigation, please refer to our Known Issues.

Caporegime
OP
I completed the main story a few days back and had no issues with performance at all, frame latency lovely smooth and locked to 60 @ 4k the entire time (using dlss quality), however, I generally don't play games in one go for more than 1 hour and 30 min - 2 hours at most so maybe that is why I never really experience issues that some others do when it comes to stuttering/memory usage building up etc. The game does like its RAM though! Noticing more and more games lately using more RAM, this was the most I seen used:

cJFLY1C.jpg

Soldato
Started playing this game on my laptop, really smooth experience at 1080p but I think the CPU is limiting the 3080Ti at 1080p. Getting killed on the first boss, can't get his health down at all.

Soldato
Patch v1.0.4 Released
Patch v1.0.4 for God of War is now live.

Patch Notes
Fixes
  • Atreus will now reset his state during restart from checkpoint or saved game should he become unresponsive.
  • Fixed some rare instances of graphics driver crashes.
  • Fixed an issue with incorrect VRAM detection on Intel XE platform.
  • Fixed an issue where the display mode setting would visually set to windowed mode when resetting display settings to default on an ultrawide monitor.
  • Fixed an issue where control functionality would be lost if opening inventory during realm travel sequence.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur at client shutdown.

Features
  • Added support for DLSS Sharpening slider.

Other Changes
  • Added additional logging to crash reports to help identify root causes of intermittent crashes.

We appreciate your continued patience as our team investigates your reports. For a list of the topics we're currently tracking, please refer to our Known Issues.

Man of Honour
Played with DLSS sharpness slider and it makes no difference to the shimmering of sharp textures when moving the camera slowly. At 0% sharpness with DLSS on you get heavy shimmering of textures whilst at 100% sharpness shimmering is gone but everything is way too sharpened. At 30% (default) it's also there and anything above feels too sharp anyway.

Turned DLSS off again. Still get 80+ fps though at 3440x1440 so am just gonna carry on playing with that.

Associate
Techpowerup has their benchmark tests and performance review up!
https://www.techpowerup.com/review/god-of-war-benchmark-test-performance/

For 1080p 60fps Ultra you need an RTX 3060, 6600XT or 5700XT and smooth 1440p the 3060Ti and 6700XT will do while 4K 60fps needs the 6800XT or RTX 3080.
4GB cards like the 5500XT and 6500XT takes a hit in performance even at 1080p but as soon as you go up to 6GB cards the hit is gone even at 4K.

V F

V F

Soldato
Techpowerup has their benchmark tests and performance review up!
https://www.techpowerup.com/review/god-of-war-benchmark-test-performance/

For 1080p 60fps Ultra you need an RTX 3060, 6600XT or 5700XT and smooth 1440p the 3060Ti and 6700XT will do while 4K 60fps needs the 6800XT or RTX 3080.
4GB cards like the 5500XT and 6500XT takes a hit in performance even at 1080p but as soon as you go up to 6GB cards the hit is gone even at 4K.

That's not bad at all. I was curious to see where the GTX 1080 Ti holds up with it at 1080p. It's pulling 74fps on Ultra.

Soldato
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1593500/view/3118182224259342260

Patch v1.0.5 Released
Patch v1.0.5 for God of War is now live.

Please restart Steam to receive the update immediately

Patch Notes

Fixes
  • In-game glyphs will now correctly correspond to the controller type selected in Steam
  • Setting the DLSS Sharpening slider to 0 will now properly disable DLSS Sharpening
  • Interactions between the game and the taskbar will now work correctly in Borderless Fullscreen
  • Game audio should now mute when the application is in the background
  • TAA will no longer causes blurriness when the Render Scale is below 100%
  • Borderless Fullscreen mode will now not impact visibility in the Task Switcher (Alt+Tab)
  • Correct UI elements will now be shown if an action is bound to the mouse wheel
  • HDR brightness will no longer be impacted by SDR brightness settings

New Features
  • Option to minimize when focus is lost in Borderless Fullscreen
  • Error message if the game is unable to open or write to a save file
  • Precision mouse mode*
    This new mode works by ignoring the default mouse-to-camera conversion implementation. Additional sensitivity fine-tuning can be done by tweaking values in the settings.ini file in the game installation folder. This mode should NOT be used in conjunction with Aim Assist.

Lastly, while we do not have a timeline, we want to communicate that we have identified the primary cause leading to AMD performance problems and are now investigating solutions to resolve this issue.

For a list of the other topics we're currently tracking, please refer to our Known Issues. If you are experiencing any of these problems, submitting a ticket greatly helps us gather all of the information we need to properly access each one. We appreciate your continued patience as our team investigates your reports.

* Please note that this setting's menu options will be missing localization support in select languages. We apologize for the inconvenience and have prioritized the inclusion of the translated text for our next patch.

Soldato
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1593500?emclan=103582791470900898&emgid=3118182224273504058

Small Update / Patch Notes
Posted
Tue, February 8
Patch v1.0.6 Released
Patch v1.0.6 for God of War is now live

Patch Notes

Fixes
  • Enabling FSR will now no longer result in blurry/blocky image quality
  • Xbox controllers will now have proper joystick sensitivity
  • Mouse Precision Mode will no longer cause movement animations to break

New Features
  • Added translations for Precision Mode that were not included in patch v1.0.5
  • Mouse Precision Mode now supports Aim Assist

In v1.0.5 we added an error message that reported if the game was having issues saving or loading save game files. This message interrupted gameplay and was determined to be ultimately unhelpful for players. We're still investigating reported issues surrounding save game files, but for now we have disabled this error message.

EDIT - 11:15am PST Feb 8th, 2022
We have seen reports of an issue with controller drift after this update.
We have added this to our Known issues while we investigate the cause.

As a temporary fix, please disable Steam Input:
  1. Open Steam
  2. Navigate to your game in the library view
  3. Right-Click God of War
  4. Select Properties
  5. Select Controller on the left sidebar
  6. Under the drop down for “Override for God of War” select “Disable Steam Input”.

We acknowledge that this is not ideal for some controllers and are looking to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.

EDIT - 12:15pm PST Feb 8th, 2022
Our team has identified the cause of the controller drift issue and is working on a solution. We do not have a timeline, but we'll update these patch notes once we do.

For a list of the topics we're currently tracking, please refer to our Known Issues. If you are experiencing any of these problems, submitting a ticket greatly helps us gather all of the information we need to properly access each one. We appreciate your continued patience as our team investigates your reports.

Back
Top Bottom