Golf Thread

Soldato
Turned out a lovely day today on the course. 3 hour round - perfect.

Driver was very well behaved today. 280 yards longest and average of 254 yards today.

Made a hash of the 2 shortest par 4's on the course - Lost balls on both trying to be greedy!! Still +13 with 2 lost balls isn't too bad this time of year with no run/bit wet/muddy etc.

In a nutshell today summed up the crazy game of golf...

7th hole - 320 yards

My mate who started playing 4/5 months ago - tops his drive about 120 yards down the fairway, I bang longest drive of the day (280 yards) - he then tops his recovery wood literally 2 yards in front of him.

3rd shot for him - same recovery wood - absolutely nails it, finishes 20 ft from the flag!!

I chip from 40 yards for my 2nd shot to about 10 ft, miss the birdie putt - walk off with a routine 4. He holes his putt from 20ft also for a 4.... Ridiculous!!!

Cue him cheering and fist pumping (pars are a big thing for him!!) - both with 4's on the card but unreal difference in the way they came about.

Underboss
Nice enforced break now /s

Gives me time to plan my bag for next year as I'm making the push back into single figures. 11.0 now but want 6-8 by this time next year minimum, would like to be back to my playing HC when I was a junior on 5.8 but can't see it this soon, getting older sucks sometimes.

Driver fitting first as I don't have one at the moment, using my 4W for 230+ is okay as it is consistent but need moar powa, then once I am into singles I will get my irons fitted.

Soldato
Nice day on the course today (Scotland still allowed out in 4 balls!!)

Hit the ball well again - Apart from OB at 13 (ended up with a triple) and lost a ball at 18th (double) - finished 11 over despite dropping 5 shots on those 2 holes!

Titleist Driver fitting next Friday....Doubt I will buy it at £500 but a chance to get fitted all the same......

Associate
Wonder if they'll eventually nerf the driver length with Dechambeau contemplating using a 48 incher. It's the current maximum allowed length but he's already got the longest average drive out of the current roster?
Something is coming from the R&A in the next year or two. I just hope they don't roll the golf ball back, say 10%. Personally I'm looking forward to watching how Bryson does at the masters. I admire the level of dedication, and it's just flat out impressive how far he can send it.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom