Good MB & RAM for 7800X3D?

Associate
OP
frm diagram it's only the left 4 pins you need. just looking at some old photo's but my 5000x case, using a b550e-e board and my b650e-e board is using lian li case where are the plugs are integrated into 1 plug..but from look same layout of actual set is the same, but on b650e-e they all start on left

so from my photo top row from left is power led+, power led- then the next 2 is the power SW which is a dual plug...directly below the power sw is the reset SW...so bottom row number 3 and 4 going from the left which is a dual plug also...I put that in before the power sw, as found it too hard the see the reset pins after plugging in top row..the bottom left 2 pins were for hdd led, and i didn't have any as using nvme, so that's all i plugged in

ipHswehl.jpg

so bottom after they're plugged in, but above is showing the reset sw, which sits directly below the power sw plug

pNFXR2ql.jpg
Thank you very much!

Associate
OP
Ok, some progress but still not enough.
With some pushing of the cables and using a similar setup the motherboard now lights up when cabled but still just a small click on pushing the power button.
Is there anything I should pay attention to?

Man of Honour
A click could mean a short

What you should do is take the motherboard out of the case put it on the motherboard box and connect the CPU and maybe cooler, PSU and one stick of memory to test .

Then power on by touching the power on jumper on the motherboard as this will eliminate most other problems. Remember you will be using the onboard graphics to display to your monitor.

Associate
OP
A click could mean a short

What you should do is take the motherboard out of the case put it on the motherboard box and connect the CPU and maybe cooler, PSU and one stick of memory to test .

Then power on by touching the power on jumper on the motherboard as this will eliminate most other problems. Remember you will be using the onboard graphics to display to your monitor.
I might try on the weekend, I'm pretty close to just go and take it to a computer shop...

Soldato
Check the ram is in properly. Press down very hard on both end of sticks. Ram can look correct but check ! Did you update mobo bios first ? Good luck we have all been there keep calm.

Man of Honour
Hope you get it sorted, was certainly stressful when I hit a bump in the road with my build last week. I’m glad my case comes with a connector for the power switches, such a faff connecting those.

Man of Honour
Have seen the reviews and the fc140 is half the price of the Corsair with a few more dB of noise...but the ps120se is cheaper again for a couple more degrees of heat. At 1/3 of the price of the dh15 you could buy three and just replace them if for some reason you would ever need to!

The FC140 was an amazing buy, especially in all black. The thing is huge though, but it keeps the 7800X3D temperatures in check.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Can you confirm what PSU you are using?

You mention a Be Quiet PSU but the cables do not look like what i have seen on reviews.

Also looking back on your photos, it looks like you are using GPU cables for the 12v CPU (6+2 not 8 pin/4+4)
No, it's a GIGABYTE UD1000GM PG5 3.0 80 PLUS GOLD.

I used the bundled PSU cables that fit, could that be an issue?
I will take more pics but I don't ve more cables in that format.

Soldato
I might be wrong but that power supply only comes with 1 cable for the 4+4EPS connector, but it has 2*4+4, so 2 sets of the 8 connector, it does look wrong in the photos.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom