Good things come in 3s

DESTROYED after tonight....my 3rd posterior chain based PB this week!

Squats - Oly shoes/lowbar
200x9 - started to go faint on the 9th rep....strength wise it was fine but my chest was exploding....HEART ATTACK?

Bench
(125x5)x2 - no spotters with me tonight so did a couple of sets....was wrecked after squats anyways.

Did some chest press to make up the workload and some lat pulldowns....lots of band work also.....stretchy!

Veeery sore and tight today, feels good though :D disappointed in the 260 but c'est la vie.

Considering 2 plans now;

Plan A: Continue with the oly shoes, ditch the weekly 1rms and just do the volume work on Monday

Plan B: Revert back to my flat shoes.

If they are controlled and not massively grindy, they're fun.

A brutally fought 1RM is not - IMHO and for me - worth it, because I spark myself out for the next week or so whilst my nervous system calms down. Factor in any form breaks and you're not actually testing your X strength, but your ability to move a bar from A->B instead.

Anyway, the above is academic, because it's doesn't really apply to the snatch - only deadlifting/squatting (and CnJ) for me! :D

And I think it says more about how I train than anything else. :o

Sickness has kept me from going hard in training, feeling a bit better though :) time to ramp it up again! :D

Bench and deadlift PB attempts targeted for Saturday 27th so a little more than 3 weeks to get my ass in gear!

Back
Top Bottom