Google Drive

One

One

Soldato
I'm not comparing it to anything. I'm comparing it to itself which is a free operating system which is also going to provide free cloud services in only it's 4th version.

Soldato
Unless they integrate it into their devices, a-la Apple cloud, I'm not bloody interested.

Annoyed how something as basic as cloud sync is missing from Android devices, for example, I want to pick my phone up, play an angry birds level or two, then pick up my tablet and resume from where I left off.

That's one of the problems with offering free content and functions. Some people are never happy and will still moan that "this function should be available FFS!!!!oneonebanana" :rolleyes:

How many years was iOS out before the kind of thing you are talking about became available?

Soldato
Installed it, but not sure if i will be using it much I have more space with dropbox for free from referrals and its very useful being able to publicly link people to a specific file if needed. Either way competition is cool.

Soldato
You should still be able to publicly link someone to a file from GDrive... I have just made a blank doc to test for you - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UI2LbLI53eSxs79iyCEQD0JeeY9R3HCI6egw9I5j-YU/edit... You should even be able to edit it without signing in... (awaits random pish)

Seems you can do that fine.

One of the things i like with dropbox is the ability to use it to host my own images and link them such as.

whaaaaat.gif

Associate
Converted up to cheapest yearly rate and this is in addition to any free storage:

Google Drive:

$30 (£18.59) for 25GB
$60 (£37.18) for 100GB

SkyDrive:

£6 for 20GB
£16 for 50GB
£32 for 100GB

Dropbox

$100 (£61.97) for 50GB
$200 (£123.94) for 100GB

Poor, poor Dropbox!

Caporegime
OP
How do I enable this for my Google Apps account?

What do you mean? Drive has essentially replaced Google Docs so what ever your settings for Docs were should be what they are for Drive. Unless of course you never had the Docs service installed in the first place.

Soldato
What do you mean? Drive has essentially replaced Google Docs so what ever your settings for Docs were should be what they are for Drive. Unless of course you never had the Docs service installed in the first place.

When you try log in with a Google Apps account it says it's not available, even though the Docs/Drive service is enabled in my Apps domain control panel :(

Back
Top Bottom