Poll: *** Google Nexus 6 ***

Which colour & memory size are you going to get?

• White - 32GB

Votes: 33 15.6%
  • Blue - 32GB

Votes: 77 36.3%
  • White - 64GB

Votes: 36 17.0%
  • Blue - 64GB

Votes: 66 31.1%

• Total voters
Associate
Ended up buying mine from Carphone Warehouse. 32gb midnight blue. Ordered about 5pm and it came next morning.

Loving it so far. Don't think it's that big at all and feels quite comfortable in the hand. Was a little worried as I'm a one-handed typer with phones, just using my thumb, and it's still possible (and I don't have really large hands).

Speakers and screen are beautiful. Battery life got me easily through a day with around 4 hours on-screen time on the first charge cycle.

Only downside is that ambient display is a little hit and miss. I have a screen time-out of 60 seconds and a the screen-lock set for 5 minutes. I've found that between the screen time-out and the lock coming in, I get no notifications via the ambient display during that time. Once the lock sets, the ambient ambient display notifications work.

I could set the lock to come on the same time as the screen times out as a work-around to this but it's still a little niggle. Anyone else getting this or is it just me?

Apart from that, I'm loving it. No complaints at all. I was going to get the Moto X for the better ambient display features but opted for this in the end and I'm happy with it.

Soldato
Ended up buying mine from Carphone Warehouse. 32gb midnight blue. Ordered about 5pm and it came next morning.

Loving it so far. Don't think it's that big at all and feels quite comfortable in the hand. Was a little worried as I'm a one-handed typer with phones, just using my thumb, and it's still possible (and I don't have really large hands).

Speakers and screen are beautiful. Battery life got me easily through a day with around 4 hours on-screen time on the first charge cycle.

Only downside is that ambient display is a little hit and miss. I have a screen time-out of 60 seconds and a the screen-lock set for 5 minutes. I've found that between the screen time-out and the lock coming in, I get no notifications via the ambient display during that time. Once the lock sets, the ambient ambient display notifications work.

I could set the lock to come on the same time as the screen times out as a work-around to this but it's still a little niggle. Anyone else getting this or is it just me?

Apart from that, I'm loving it. No complaints at all. I was going to get the Moto X for the better ambient display features but opted for this in the end and I'm happy with it.

If your keen on rooting it then Double Tap to Wake and the Lightflow LED hack maybe useful to you.

I like the way the ambient display pulsates but having the notification LED activated is a lot better

Associate
If your keen on rooting it then Double Tap to Wake and the Lightflow LED hack maybe useful to you.

I like the way the ambient display pulsates but having the notification LED activated is a lot better

Yes. Double-tap to wake is something I'd like. Not rooted a phone since my Nexus One years ago. Might give it a shot although voiding the warranty is kinda putting me off.

Rooting used to be permanent on the N1. Is it reversible these days?

Associate
:cool:
Yes. Double-tap to wake is something I'd like. Not rooted a phone since my Nexus One years ago. Might give it a shot although voiding the warranty is kinda putting me off.

Rooting used to be permanent on the N1. Is it reversible these days?

Yep, can flash a stock rom and relock the bootloader.

In XDA there is a version of double tap to wake that doesn't require root.

Associate
I picked up a Nexus 6 over the weekend to replace my beloved Nexus 5 and I must say I'm very impressed!

Excellent build quality, battery life & the size hasn't taken as long to get used to as I thought. :)

Back
Top Bottom