Google Pixel 5

Soldato
I just downloaded the Beta on my Pixel 5 yesterday and I'm liking it so far. Not sure about the bounce animation when you get to the end of a list but I'm sure that can be turned off if I want.

Really liking the revised lock screen and always on layout.

Soldato
The only thing holding me back was whether banking would work and happily I can say that Natwest, HSBC and Amex all work which are the three I use.

Give it a go, nothing has broken for me!

Permabanned
Those on the latest Beta, how buggy is it? I've heard conflicting reports.

Been using it for a while, had a few niggly bugs and one catastrophic one which I had to do a factory reset in the bootloader. Had VPN's not working in one build, got stuck in some half screen mode at one point(power cycle fixed), not being able to dismiss missed call notifications(power cycle again). There is also the mini led light detector things flashing a little in some apps.

Current version seems fine, so far.

Soldato
previous verson I found the FPS worked a LOT better than current beta (which is now as **** as it is on stable/11). other than that its been flawless.... only "bad" thing I noticed in previous beta was the search bar in the app draw was square instead of round but hardly a showstopper.

Soldato
Just joined the club; I couldn't resist the Google Birthday sale.
Moving over from a 3XL, so happy about the size difference, I am not a fan of big phones any more.

I wanted to wait for the 6, but the fact that its going to be around the same size as my 3XL and probably a few hundred £ more expensive, I am happy I went with the 5.

Got it for just shy of £480

Soldato
Just joined the club; I couldn't resist the Google Birthday sale.
Moving over from a 3XL, so happy about the size difference, I am not a fan of big phones any more.

I wanted to wait for the 6, but the fact that its going to be around the same size as my 3XL and probably a few hundred £ more expensive, I am happy I went with the 5.

Got it for just shy of £480
Nice. For £480 its an absolute bargain imo

Soldato
I'm very late to the thread. But are people forcing 90hz? So far I have just left it on smooth display and it seems fine to me?

Also, wow, the haptics feedback is a really big Stepdown from my 3XL that I came from. That's a big shame as I didn't think it would bother me as much as it is.

Back
Top Bottom