Google Pixel 5

Soldato
So also looks like Snapdragon 765G confirmed? Guess only differentiating factor between that and 4a XL will be the camera tech and high refresh panel.

Soldato
Glass and metal build I would have thought. Wireless charging too.

Possibly qhd+ screen.

If they finally see sense and include the standard trifecta of lenses with UWA, I might just be in.

Assuming they don't screw up the battery life but sounds like they are seeing sense with Pixel 4a finally.

Associate
All they need to do is keep the same size screen as the 4a and with the above they'd have a bonafide winner on their hands.

Soldato
Yeah don't mind the larger size if it has all the features I want.

I know I'm a dinosaur and not likely but headphone jack would be the icing on the cake :D

Associate
If it comes with a wide angle lens this would be my ideal phone. I don't game or need stupid amounts of ram on my phone I just need it for daily use and to take good photos

Soldato
The latest leaks confirm a fingerprint sensor on the back and presumably no face unlock. What are Google thinking? There is no way I’d get a phone without face unlock, it works so well on my P4XL.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
The latest leaks confirm a fingerprint sensor on the back and presumably no face unlock. What are Google thinking? There is no way I’d get a phone without face unlock, it works so well on my P4XL.
I was thinking the same, until I had to start wearing a mask. :p

Soldato
I don't understand what they're doing with pricing.

The specs for the Pixel 5 sound perfect for what I want and in a not massive phone too but I just cannot see how they can want £500+ for it.

I've been seriously considering the Mi 10 Lite 5G which has virtually identical specs to the Pixel 5. It's missing the prestigious Pixelcamera (meh?) and 90Hz (meh) and adds a 3.5mm (yay!), BUT I can get it for <£250. Unfortunately at 6.57" I think it would be far too big for me.

I'm trying to understand how the Pixel5 can be worth double+ the price.

Soldato
The specs for the Pixel 5 sound perfect for what I want and in a not massive phone too but I just cannot see how they can want £500+ for it.

Does the 4a not suit your needs? It's received almost universal acclaim and is due in at £350. Doubtless offers will be had closer to £300 on Black Friday.

Soldato
I wasn't planning on buying Pixel 5 on launch anyway, not with Black Friday only few months away.

Well unless they bundle a really nice pre-order like Pixel Buds :D

Soldato
Does the 4a not suit your needs? It's received almost universal acclaim and is due in at £350. Doubtless offers will be had closer to £300 on Black Friday.

It mostly does, though I have the same issue with the 4a pricing as I do the Pixel 5. I'll probably end up getting one, but heavily resent spending £350 on it. Worse CPU and a much worse battery, for £100 extra (plus, it looks kinda crap, zero pizazz).
I would be much happier with their pricing if they actually took into account exchange rates and didn't just swap the $ for a £.

Soldato
As far as whole pizazz thing goes, minimalism is the unspoken philosophy of Pixel line as far as I can tell.

Pricing wise, it's closer to $420 equivalent with VAT since US pricing doesn't include their sales tax. Still works out under £320 but not as much of a pee take as back in the days when the exchange rate was $1.5 to a £.

Soldato
And Apple take one dollar and turn it into slightly more than one pound. Hence $999 = £1049 and $399 = £419. Not much consolation to hear that other companies do it worse, but Google aren't alone in their pricing conversions.

Back
Top Bottom