Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
Then there's the decision about buy on launch outright, or wait a few months, I've been burnt before buying on launch only to see it drop significantly a few months later.
This time might be different though, apparently they are going to aggressively market it, IF this is true AND it performs very well the price drops probably won't be as brutal as before with some of the underwhelming iterations.

The free gift normally counters that argument anyway. Last year it was a £200 set of Bose headphones that I use daily.

Soldato
The two and the 3 dropped in price but I don't remember the 5 dropping much, and as said above the headphones gift are great.

I also don’t recall the 5 dropping much in price. In fact, my unscientific memory suggests that Google holds the price of the Pixel models fairly steady. At least in comparison to Samsung. I actually think that Android manufacturers need to be braver in holding their rrps if they want to compete with apple long term. Obviously with that comes the need to offer longer term support for their devices.

Soldato
I also don’t recall the 5 dropping much in price. In fact, my unscientific memory suggests that Google holds the price of the Pixel models fairly steady. At least in comparison to Samsung. I actually think that Android manufacturers need to be braver in holding their rrps if they want to compete with apple long term. Obviously with that comes the need to offer longer term support for their devices.

My bitter experience/memory thinks I lost circa £200 or so in a few months on the 3XL,which tbf I think is probably the worst Pixel depreciation I`ve seen, I vowed then never to get caught out like that again, but here we are......

Soldato
Gotta say, Google still has confusing release strategies.

Just about everything bar the price has been leaked, phone officially announced and yet not a single piece of official info with release set for "autumn". Not quite Sony bad but still not great.

Soldato
My bitter experience/memory thinks I lost circa £200 or so in a few months on the 3XL,which tbf I think is probably the worst Pixel depreciation I`ve seen, I vowed then never to get caught out like that again, but here we are......

You make it sound like you are a big player on the stock market.

It's a phone FFS

Soldato
Gotta say, Google still has confusing release strategies.

Just about everything bar the price has been leaked, phone officially announced and yet not a single piece of official info with release set for "autumn". Not quite Sony bad but still not great.

I thought it was an official "sneak peek" ? I am sure the finer details will be on the full release session.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
I suspect it's because most info had been leaked with a lot of articles best-guessing details. Makes sense for them to drop as much as they can early and build their own anticipation without misinformation.

Soldato
Harsh.

Hopefully this iteration is everything we want from Pixel, imo it's over a grand tho.

Pro could be over 1k. But in all honesty most android phones loose value crazy fast. Hats off to apple for creating an eco system that holds money well.

I tend to go from buying outright to contract, depending on price. The 5 was a no brainer for getting out of contract l, but if the 6 is gonna be more like £800 - £900 and the pro even more I might lock in to a contract again to ease the pain.

Soldato
I generally love the look of the Pixel Phones, Nexus 5 is still my all time favourite phone, but the Camera bump on this is horrendous in my opinion. It looks so clunky and ugly. I do hope that it's a great phone though, I have a Pixel 3a as my backup/work phone at the moment.

Pro could be over 1k. But in all honesty most android phones loose value crazy fast. Hats off to apple for creating an eco system that holds money well
Competition is the reason.

Android phones have competition, apple phones don't directly.

Someone buying a second hand 1 year old latest gen phone for android have like 20 choices, apple there's 1.

Soldato
Competition is the reason.

Android phones have competition, apple phones don't directly.

Someone buying a second hand 1 year old latest gen phone for android have like 20 choices, apple there's 1.

Plus Apple will keep updating their phones for years. With Android you get maybe get 2 years of updates and that's it.

Soldato
Well, only rumours but apparently some sites been mentionining 5 years of support on this because they have their own SoC here.

Would also be a big selling point if they could bring back the full unlimited storage for photos but guess not likely as they are primarily a software company and make money that way.

Back
Top Bottom