Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
It also feels better than my S20 ultra, constantly struggled to get that to read my thumb print, I have yet to have issues with the Pixel.

On another note, the new gesture thing to go home and such is a little strange to get used to.
Give it a bit of time.. few days after I enabled it initially and it was fine. Loving it now and can't see my self ever going back.

Soldato
I'm finding it perfectly fine, but I'm coming from a mate 20 pro which had a similar optical sensor, but you had to give it a proper hard push to get it to recognise. The P6 is much better.

Soldato
Surprised at some people struggling with the battery, I never have the phone out of my hand and I have not yet managed to drain it each day usually 20-30% left.

I suppose it depends on a lot of things though, screen brightness and app usage etc. I usually have my brightness about 50% and I use Dark mode for nearly everything.

Soldato
Anyone gone for the bellroy case ? Pricey but does look nice. I tend to go naked, but this phone just so slippy

https://i.imgur.com/rD3iHIv.jpg

Yeah but not not blown away by it to be honest.

I bought the basalt one for my P6 and oh my word was it hard to get the phone into that case.

I can see I've removed some of the leather coating in the top corner and I'm also concerned that I broke the actual structure of the case when putting it in, as there was a snap sound (but that could just have been the buttons being pressed/depressed as the case fitted around them). The case is very stiff compared to a plastic case or even the Google fabric case from last year.

On the plus side, it looks and feels good in the hand. I just hope it doesn't fall apart because I managed to pierce the coating just with my fingernail last night.

Soldato
Surprised at some people struggling with the battery, I never have the phone out of my hand and I have not yet managed to drain it each day usually 20-30% left.

I suppose it depends on a lot of things though, screen brightness and app usage etc. I usually have my brightness about 50% and I use Dark mode for nearly everything.

I been browsing the the forums a little over the last hour and gone from 25% to 15%

Not impressed with the battery at all. There must be something draining it, need to find out what

Associate
Why do Google insist on having the Volume & Power on buttons the wrong way round. Taking a picture using the volume button as a shutter release is so awkward, your hand covers half the screen so you cannot see what your doing.

It's a really silly design.

Samsung do it the right way.

Soldato
Why do Google insist on having the Volume & Power on buttons the wrong way round. Taking a picture using the volume button as a shutter release is so awkward, your hand covers half the screen so you cannot see what your doing.

It's a really silly design.

Samsung do it the right way.

Yeah, and considering they want you to use the power button for the assistant (since they got rid of the squeezy sides) it makes even more sense to move them around.

Associate
Hi all

Anyone having issues with setting usb preferences on their phone. I'm trying to use Android Auto but it doesn't work in my car. I suspect it's down to the usb preferences as I cannot set it to allow data transfers. Tried connecting to a laptop as well and got the same. It only allows charging.

Man of Honour
Hi all

Anyone having issues with setting usb preferences on their phone. I'm trying to use Android Auto but it doesn't work in my car. I suspect it's down to the usb preferences as I cannot set it to allow data transfers. Tried connecting to a laptop as well and got the same. It only allows charging.
What cable are you using?

Soldato
https://i.imgur.com/rD3iHIv.jpg

Yeah but not not blown away by it to be honest.

I bought the basalt one for my P6 and oh my word was it hard to get the phone into that case.

I can see I've removed some of the leather coating in the top corner and I'm also concerned that I broke the actual structure of the case when putting it in, as there was a snap sound (but that could just have been the buttons being pressed/depressed as the case fitted around them). The case is very stiff compared to a plastic case or even the Google fabric case from last year.

On the plus side, it looks and feels good in the hand. I just hope it doesn't fall apart because I managed to pierce the coating just with my fingernail last night.

Yeah I saw a few videos that said it was a tight fit. I guess it will ease after a bit of use. Like leather shoes :D

I am tempted, but might wait for black Friday.

It's quite pricey!

Soldato
Is there any way of getting rid of the line at the bottom of the screen when using gesture navigation? It's there on pretty much every screen, and I know where to swipe up from so don't need it!

Screenshot-20211030-140454-2.png

Back
Top Bottom